• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Sport headlights components -complete assembly or just headlight?

Howdy all, I have been pouring through the sport headlight threads and have a question regarding the specific parts. Seems you can get the complete assembly or just get the headlight without the turn signal and put it in there. Having never pulled the headlights out or seeing a sport, I see the headlight (#4 in parts diagram) sits in the mount panel (#6). Now the questions is, is the mount panel specific to the sport light or is it the same as the non sport, allowing me to just get the headlight and slap it into the current assembly? I haven't been able to find part #'s to compare.

post-12615-138698207594_thumb.jpg

I would get the entire assembly with turn signals and all. I got mine from headlight depot on amazon; something like $165 shipped. It is plug and play on a 98 and newer truck because the holes are already in the sheet metal. First pull one screw out from under the turn lens and then I think there are two in the underside if each headlight.

98 I thought you picked up a wire harness frm Daniel Stern? If not I just put my lights and harness in, all is good and I CAN SEE @ night... Mr sterns harness are built HD plug and play, easy install. Had mine sent assembled, cost a little more.

Thanks for the replies. I am leaning towards the Daniel Stern kit as well and was debating oem or aftermarket. I would like oem but was hoping to avoid the cost of them. Daniel Stern replied to someone with part #'s for the individual parts and planted the seed in my brain of piecing it together. I guess I'll have to dig a little deeper or bite the bullet and get the whole shebang.

98 I thought you picked up a wire harness frm Daniel Stern? If not I just put my lights and harness in, all is good and I CAN SEE @ night... Mr sterns harness are built HD plug and play, easy install. Had mine sent assembled, cost a little more.

I did but it never came so I emailed him to cancel my order. He never responded to my order but quickly replied to my cancelation. I will get one eventually but im in the middle of moving and going back to Tx for a family reunion so money is a little tight.

I am actually satisfied with my stock (non-sport) lights but mine is 01 and and low miles. My Cirrus is getting cloudy now. There isn't room behind the grill on our diesel trucks, the Cummins is longer than other power choices. I think the sport lights are a slick upgrade & fit right in.