• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New revised MPG/High idle switch design

I have been working closely with Michael (www.mopar1973man.com) & Jacob (Jkidd AKA www.dieselautopower.com) to come up with a simple & user friendly switch setup for distribution. I will have final pictures up at the beginning of next week for the faceplate. There will be 2 mounting options: 1. Mounted in the cubby hole under the airbag switch with a professionally engraved mounting plate. It will involve removing the dash surround (CAREFULLY) & 3 screws to pull the cubby, then install the plate with the same 3 screws. You can always return it to stock for warmer times, or resale. THIS option will be the 1st release. 2. A 2" round unit to fit to a standard 2" gauge pod that needs to be mounted by the end user. There will be some suggestions for mounting for the common gauge pods, but it will be YOUR responsibility. The unit will be very simple to use with an indicator light to let you know the setting is still selected. Anyone who has used the MPG switch knows that when left on, you get no grid heaters upon startup if the MPG switch is selected & you have to turn it off, then wait for the fuel pump cycle to end. That is the reason that the indicator light will be connected to CONSTANT POWER. End user will have to ensure that HIGH IDLE is enabled in their ECM software. There is a simple test for this that will be announced on a new page to be developed on Home Page of Mopar1973Man (NOT up yet, but soon). If you do not have the software enabled, you can go to a Dodge dealer for a reflash of your ECM at whatever they charge, or flash the option with a Smarty. This will be purchasable through www.dieselautopower.com & after the faceplate & one other refinement, you can place a preorder through them. Once the design is finalized, I will post instructions & pictures of it. Install will be a simple 30 minute job with OEM style connectors, even for a novice. Thank you for your interest. Ed

• Owner

Most of us 24V see a MPG drop in the winter time and then a good gain in the summer time. What I've found with the help of ISX the only difference between 12V and a 24V is the IAT sensor. On the 24V trucks as the sensor gets colder than about 100*F then the MPG's start to fall off from fueling and timing changes from the programming on the ECM. So the MPG fooler forces the ECM to thinking its a hot summers day every day. So most people report less loss of MPG's through the winter months.