• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Help: in-line fuel filter??

• Owner

I have yet to find a WIX fuel filter that has the same specs as the filter it crosses to. A 4um absolute filter becomes a 4um nominal filter for Wix, and they don't care (been told that on the phone by MULTIPLE Wix reps). They also refuse to publish/discuss their fuel/water separation rates, which raises a BIG flag.

Lots of people use them, but their specs should speak volumes... they don't cut it, there is a reason they are cheaper...

Their non-fuel filters seem to have better specs, and in some cases actually exceed the cross.

Run what you want, but the numbers don't lie.

Running a Wix in my truck would VOID my fuel system warranty (if/when I had one) as the Wix doesn't meet the minimum OEM spec. Wix is aware they don't meet the spec, and has no plans to meet it.

Could you explain the differences as well? I understand its a specification but clarify the difference between them both.

I used fuel injection hose from NAPA. It is high pressure and compatible with gas or diesel fuel. I used double hose clamps and barb tight fittings. Stay away from the quick disconnect fittings. They are a source of air suction leaks