• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

P2563 DTC

jcpleinis

Has anyone seen a P2563 code thrown on a 08 Dodge Cummins? My truck just threw it last night and from what I can find out it looks like a GM code relating to the Turbo. I have had the P2579 code about a month ago as well. Any thing I need to do here to protect the Turbo?

P2563 - Turbocharger boost control position sensor - range/performance.You need to check the sensor if possible and also do you have the waste gate altered? Check to make sure that the turbo is good working order. Check the wiring at all connections that you can see, one could be loose or corroded.

I'm not aware of any alterations since I just got this truck a month ago. I plan to check the wiring to the sensor based on the P2579 code. It has happened only when doing very short trips around town which made me think it might be getting gummed up in the turbo. Thank you for the response.

Unfortunately I just bought it with 200K miles. I added a 3 month warranty on powertrain as that is all I could get with a truck with this many miles. If it pops the code again I'll try to take it in. I drove it pretty hard and used the engine brake a lot and the code has not come back yet. I wish I knew the history. I think I will call my dealership tomorrow and see if they can give me the history based on the VIN. I would also like to know what software version I'm running on the ECM.