• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

barfed up all my power steering fluid in the drive way

hey guys, i got a problem. late last week my power steering barfed up all the fluid all at once and had no power steering. after crawling under the truck, the only place i can find fluid is on the front of the gear box. all the hoses and lines seem dry. the hoses are in the factory slit-loom and none of the loom has fluid in them. it didn't barf it from the connection on the gear box as far as i can tell and the area around and below the pump are dry also. i looks as if it all came out from around the circle in the front of the gear box (but i don't see any holes, just fluid). i'm about to pull it later tonight, but is there anything i might be overlooking? any suggestion or thoughts are welcome. thx in advance

I've had that happen only once. After the occurrence I just filled it back up and ran it. Never done it again. :shrug: Mine seem to push it out the cap and on to the floor. Dang sick pump puking on the floor. :sick:

I had the same. A flush fixed mine for a while, then it would puke a bit again.

it doesn't seem that the pump puked, as it and everything under it are dry and clean. it seems it came from the gear box. is that what both of u are saying? i don't even see any kind of opening from which it came from, cause all the hose connections are dry. fortunately the gear box has a lifetime warranty from o'reily's.

it doesn't seem that the pump puked, as it and everything under it are dry and clean. it seems it came from the gear box. is that what both of u are saying? i don't even see any kind of opening from which it came from, cause all the hose connections are dry. fortunately the gear box has a lifetime warranty from o'reily's.

No, mine came out the power steering filler cap on the pump.

• Staff

It could be coming out of one of the shaft seals. Power steering pump pressure can be as high as 1300psi depending on what the release is set at. Fill the pump' clean the box of with brake clean, drive it around town to heat up the fluid. Check the box with some full lock to lock turns and see if anything comes out.