• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see you lurking about Mopar1973Man.Com reading articles and reading other member's posts. Are you trying to solve a problem with your Dodge / Ram Turbo Diesel Cummins? We have lots of helpful members and staff on the Mopar1973Man.Com and are willing to give guidance on how to fix or improve your truck. Sorry, we are a subscription website now. We are not corporate owned like many of the other websites out there. Like Cummins Forum (VerticalScope Inc.). Mopar1973Man.Com is entirely privately owned and operated since 2004. Your subscription funds goes towards server maintenance and software maintenance. We happen to be one of the most friendliest and helpful websites  for Cummins Owners in the world. Come join us and register and then pick a subscription plan.

I've tried the scanner but as soon as the ecu gets power or at the first attemp to start the CEL comes on :mad: I seen a tread somewhere about resetting the ecu but can't find it,I think it was something like pulling a fuse or related I will keep searching thankx anyway.

• Administrator

Well the P1689 code is cause from the fuel pump relay... The P0234 and P0236 are MAP sensor codes. The Banks otto mind might be the cause of the errors if you disconnect in and reset the codes and they remaain off the you know you found it...

I think the problem is going to be that it's disconnected and I got a banks big head actu so the ecm is prob getting more boost,im gonna head out to the truck and get the current codes i'll report my findings when i get back.thankx for the help

• Administrator

ok i got the usual 1693 and 1688 twice, I cracked the lines cranked it and started I shut her down closed the lines back up and nothing so I guess i'll be calling jkidd pretty soon :cry:

P1688 is a internal failure of the vP44... Sorry!

Sorry to hear about that. What kind of lift pump are you running?

Good question? Also do you have a fuel pressure gauge in the cab? :confused:
  • Administrator

Like Racer-Dan found out he replaced his stock with another stock assuming the stock pump would be fine for stock setup... There is a post here with 12 PSI at idle and dropping to 7-8 PSI WOT... So I highly suggest oyu get a gauge soon...