• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Nissan Joining Forces with Cummins? WHAT!?

LiveOak

As Dodge continues to shoot itself in the foot, it appears that Nissan is taking advantage of Dodge's corporate stupidity. http://blog.dieselpowerproducts.com/nissan-joining-forces-with-cummins-what

Yes, Dodge insists upon installing a puny, 3 liter, imported VM Motori diesel in their 1500 trucks for 2014. http://blog.dieselpowerproducts.com/chrysler-finally-adds-a-diesel-engine-to-the-1500-dodge-ram The Cummins 5 liter V-8 handily CRUSHES the puny 3 liter VM Motori diesel is just about every aspect. http://blog.dieselpowerproducts.com/chrysler-finally-adds-a-diesel-engine-to-the-1500-dodge-ram The Dodge truck brand has ALWAYS been associated with Cummins (read more like joined at the hip) which has fueled the large market of sales of Dodge's mediocre and poorly designed trucks. The off the shelf component names that are used to build Dodge trucks like Cummins, Dana, New Process, New Venture, etc. have been the critical deciding factor in the decision to buy (at least speaking for myself). These reasons are gradually being removed. After my experience with an engine failure of my daughters 2009 Nissan Versa, I am loath to buy ANYTHING from Nissan. Not being left with any good choices, perhaps the front end redesign and some other improvements for the 2014 Dodge Ram 3500 may be applied to the rest of the line but the Italian 3 liter diesel just does not light my fire. :ashamed: I think I will be keeping my current trucks as they are still better in my opinion, future maintenance costs and all. :thumbup2:

I had a very used 1983 Ford Ranger with a 2.2 Mazda (Perkins type) diesel. Natural air, no turbo. It was a total dog but got good mpg. My friends S10 easily drove away from me. This engine was only offered a couple of years. Never buy something that is "rare"... there's a reason! The manual transmission croaked & the repair failed. At the time, I didn't know the 2.2 was Mazda built. The case cracked & Aamco claimed they could not find another after their weld job didn't stand up. The 4 speed manual transmission had a different input shaft burt I later learned than a Mazda 5 speed could be swapped in by changing that input. By then my truck was gone.In 1985 A Mitsubishi-built 2.3 L turbodiesel with 86 hp replaced the Mazda diesel engine.I wonder if Chrysler's new owners have their head up where the sun don't shine. Italian engines??? We will see.