• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Obamacare is so screwed up

JAG1

:sleep:

I don't have insurance, my wife does, but, because of O'care it's going to double in January. This means we cannot afford it any longer. It's too bad.... we both work a lot and don't get benefits. Now we'll get fined for no insurance.

The only reason for O'care is the fact that most Americans are having to face paying for increases in transportation, house and fuel just to keep a job/ keep going. With wages worth lees and less it's forcing many to cancel their Health insurance. O'care makes sure and guarantees the health industry stays alive. For taxation on profits and all but, it's crap with this fine thing, no freedom of choice.

When the time comes for me to kick the bucket, I'm not going in an ambulance to some strange hospital with strange people and professional gougers on a bill that takes away everything I worked hard for all my life.

No No:nono: I'd rather go in my own real log cabin out in the boonies. I worked so dam hard to build it, pay for it. Health industry gougers aint gettin' it.

Sorry guys I'm just a little pist.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I think we all can relate... I can't realy see an end to it. Between health care and every amendment being stomped on and disrespected, its going to be a long battle:(

I'm sorry to say but my guy in DC is Corker, one of the 'OLD GUYS' in political beliefs. Last night I just emailed him an ear full because I believe he's going to vote YES and give Reid the approval to remove the O'care defunding from the house bill before they vote on the spending approval. (just a gut feeling after his comments about Cruz).I now feel there are two classification for the conservative side: 'Republicans' and 'Democrats in Republican clothing'for the Democrats it's all for one and one for all to tax our way to bankruptcy.Sorry ... venting again.

I now feel there are two classification for the conservative side: 'Republicans' and 'Democrats in Republican clothing' for the Democrats it's all for one and one for all to tax our way to bankruptcy.

X2 on that! Sometimes I feel like they are on a crusade to literally crush the common man, all while telling him it's for his own good. The costs coming down the pike from O-care are going to make it difficult for business's to survive, much less expand and grow. Most of the hiring in my area has been reduced to temps. or part time jobs with hours under the cap. Personally I've been a union worker for 25+ years, and I've watched them drink the kool-aid offered to them,without question. Sometimes I look around and wonder if they really believe the B.S. that's being fed to everyone, or just don't want to go against the machine. I've been against O-care and co. since the beginning , and now that they are starting to reap what they've sown , the unions aren't so happy with it either- :banghead:duh? How anyone could imagine this was going to do anything, but cost unfathomable amounts of money and wreak havoc on all of us is beyond me. I tried to read the 2500 page thing entirely, but I had to stop before my head exploded, the most obvious clue as to how bad we were gonna get screwed , was the "we've got to pass it, so you can see whats in it" line. Kind of a just sign here we'll fill in the details later.. This whole mentality is got us where we are today, and it's also why the plant where I work is not going survive long enough for me to retire. Voicing this opinion:smart: over the years has made me less than popular at times, and honestly I don't really care! As a result of this madness,myself and many others were forced to take a 40% paycut, and now 8 yrs from retiring, I'm looking for another job AND I absolutely blame the liberal mentality for this mess .... It's Just my :2cents: cents, thanks for letting me vent:pant:

• Staff

I think this O-care will be running out of money in a short while. Probably due to mishandled funds, spiked retirements, full pensions to punish those who may have mishandled the program in any way.

There is seemingly no end to our money going out everywhere in other programs so why would this be any different? Except because it's for healthcare, not taxes, they will have greater freedom to legislate more funding when the time arrives.

I swear.... ever notice your drive to work on a government holiday? How much the amount of traffic is reduced?

It's like there's one little guy going to work for every 14 gov't. workers taking the day off with pay :spend:

Someone's got to go to work and pay for all that :bolt:Problem is... between you and me, We're never going to be able to keep up. It's going to fail financially.

Quoting a well known pastor... You cannot expect the U.S. to stand on a firm foundation when they legislate God out of schools, the court system, and gov't.

- - - Updated - - -

You guys better start getting more comfortable with the idea of a 2nd American Revolution... :USflag:Brush up on your history of Adolf Hitler and how he swooned the Germans. Obama is the mouth piece helping the ignorant embrace the govt. benefits more and more. Before you know it, you have accepted communism without even seeing it.

• Like 1

Hitler wasn't a communist. I am also pretty sure his message wasn't that the Germans should embrace govt benefits. My health insurance cost will be lower with Obama care. It seems to me that people that don't currently purchase insurance are the most upset. But these are the people that end up having problems and raising rates for those of us that do pay for insurance. It would be better for me if everyone paid in because I already purchase insurance as a self employed person. My kids will get dental coverage with Obama care and that could be a huge savings down the road.I am totally confused how a union person could be against this type of bill. Aren't health care discounts one of the main reasons to pay your dues? How about you get the discount without having to pay in? Are you saying that you like the idea of the union deciding your health care options but no one else? I'm not very well versed in how unions work but the whole idea of a UNION seems in line with universal care.For everyone that buys insurance now I'd be interested to know how they will be personally effected. anoldbiker,The statement that the govt collects more money very misleading. People are paid more now than ever before but money does not have the same value as it had before though so more of it is not necessarily more. Inflation outpaces income growth so the imbalance is not to the positive side. wild and free,Who else but an insurance company would help draft an insurance bill? I wouldn't be much help. These statements are meant to excite people but don't further the discussion. You know what makes me sick? My state, Florida, decided to bow out and not negotiate with the insurance companies. Now I will pay more because Marc Rubio is trying to make a point. I could care less what his point is. His ridiculous stance doesn't cost him anything. It's pretty easy for him since he gets free health care.

• Like 1

Government gets more $'s than ever before is a simple statement of the total number is higher than prior decades. Never mention the value of the dollar then or now, AND the federal records state this.I was union before retirement, and our then and now medical, dental, eye plans is consider a 'Cadillac Plan' as will most every union / company plan, and is penalize as such. Consider this, a company, when the union contract expires, walks out of negotiations because they refuse to have a medical plan and wants to go O'Care. It's a qualified medical plan ... Right ? It can be the one they have for management also, right ? Or offer no one any coverage, union or hourly, right ? Now, why would a person want to get into / stay union when this happens ? My youngest is a longshoreman and he says there is VERY big rumbling going on with the members and the union upper management. People are Very P.O. right now. And they still have to vote the management in office. Could be major changes in the horizon ?As for Hitler, he was a mad man, but he grew the economy before he drove it under. Where's our growth ? 1 to 2 % ? Is this consider growth ? And the government control over the population, do we want what they had then ?Bad enough what we have now, and it can get worse. There is a better way to have medical options for 'everyone' without having what we have now. This administration just doesn't want it anyway other then their way.

• Staff

Cajflyn, I don't see how your current health insurance can go down when everyone else reports theirs is going up. At least as much as a third. You can't expect to get everyone else on the program without costing more. Our insurance is already higher from those that seek services and cannot pay, but, now with O care, want everyone to pay again.My local emergency services told me that 70% of the walk ins don't have a way to pay :think:. I do pay for my own services without insurance and it saves me lots of money. Biggest point I wish to make is the services I have paid for in the most recent occasions were terrible at best. Prescribing the wrong meds and sending me through an expensive machine that was completely unessessary. When I learned what happened in the end I was angry. Doctor did not have the time nor want to make the time to do the correct thing during our appointment. Even when you have insurance your co-pay can add up to what costs you your home. Think I'll rather die at home and have insurance that my kids will get my log cabin and not the gougers.:)

• Like 1

I currently pay over $700 a month for a family of four. With o care it goes to $628. My kids dental also becomes covered. A lot of people have been quoting this 1/3 raise in prices. That number was derived from fictitious medical plans and isn't really the reality. I see see your point about not wanting to pay for services you feel are substandard. I totally agree with that. I don't know if we can let a few bad doctors ruin for all of us though. I guess if that is your position you can opt out pretty cheaply. If you're ever in an accident I bet you'll be grateful that service is available at any time.

You guys want to talk about what is paid by some Union workers? How about $6.60 PER HOUR for every hour worked? It comes out to $264 per week or $1056 per month. I have had many weeks in a row where I paid $396 a week or $1584 per month. You think it might be cheaper under the ACA?Jim, your question about being Union is a very one sided question. There is WAY more to a Union than health insurance.

I will not argue that, but benefits were a major part of it. Over the years since the beginning, the unions had help many and have made the work environment safer. But in the last 3 decades, they have also played the games with government and have put each state into a financial bind. Facts are facts. I was very happy with my local union up to the chairperson, but was very, lets say unhappy with higher in what they pushed from the companies AND the hourly union employees. But that is my personal experience with them.The company I retired from is contemplating on killing the medical benefits for the retired and let them fend for O'Care instead. As we are retired we are not active union employees and the union was telling the active members that since we are not paying union dues, because retirees don't, they basically don't care. I guess they go where the money flows, not where it flowed for decades to fatten their bellies.As for the increases in O'care prices, I seen on the news that it differs from state to state. Most will increase. A couple of nights ago, a couple in Georgia said they had a notice from their insurance company stating their monthly payment will increase from just over $300 / month for the basic plan they have to over $900 for the same plan, stating it was adjusted for O'Care guide lines.

You guys better start getting more comfortable with the idea of a 2nd American Revolution... :USflag: Brush up on your history of Adolf Hitler and how he swooned the Germans. Obama is the mouth piece helping the ignorant embrace the govt. benefits more and more. Before you know it, you have accepted communism without even seeing it.

I know he was not a commie. I should have put that sentence in a paragraph, itself. I was trying to compare how he was like a pipe the piper when it came to the people. Obama is the same... You got a so-called smooth talker and get peoples emotions in the mix, watch out! Its like TNT...

• Staff

I know he was not a commie. I should have put that sentence in a paragraph, itself. I was trying to compare how he was like a pipe the piper when it came to the people. Obama is the same... You got a so-called smooth talker and get peoples emotions in the mix, watch out! Its like TNT...

It must be easy if your a smooth talker cause, for example, look how many guys got suckered into buying a truck without the Cummins.:lol: