• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

P7100 throttle sticks off-idle

I noticed that since it's started to get colder at night here (40s), my throttle seems to stick on idle position. It feels almost like it's caught on something, and takes a good bit of pedal pressure to release it.It will do this several times on the way to work, as I make my way through stoplights. If I come to a stop, wait a second or two, then touch the throttle, it's fine. If I leave it alone and wait on the light to change, then hit the throttle, 50% of the time, it'll stick.WTF? I can't see where it's catching on anything. I use 2stroke in my fuel so I'd hope it's not the rack sticking..

Rick, check the shut down solenoid. The boot can and does get torn and it will allow dirt and moisture to cause corrosion in the linkage pin or won't allow the plunger to lift all the way. Try starting the truck and see if you can lift the plunger any. You may also need to adjust the linkage too.

thanks, guys I'll check those out. Seems in the afternoon, when it's warm, and in the 70s, it'll not stick (at least nowhere near as often).It did this once before, but then it was the rod that connects the linkage to the pump rack; it was catching on the PS cap. This time, that is not the case.

• 5 weeks later...