• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

Sign in to follow this  
Rogan

P7100 throttle sticks off-idle

I noticed that since it's started to get colder at night here (40s), my throttle seems to stick on idle position. It feels almost like it's caught on something, and takes a good bit of pedal pressure to release it.It will do this several times on the way to work, as I make my way through stoplights. If I come to a stop, wait a second or two, then touch the throttle, it's fine. If I leave it alone and wait on the light to change, then hit the throttle, 50% of the time, it'll stick.WTF? I can't see where it's catching on anything. I use 2stroke in my fuel so I'd hope it's not the rack sticking..

Rick, check the shut down solenoid. The boot can and does get torn and it will allow dirt and moisture to cause corrosion in the linkage pin or won't allow the plunger to lift all the way. Try starting the truck and see if you can lift the plunger any. You may also need to adjust the linkage too.

If I remember right there was a problem with throttle cables fraying, not sure if there was a recall on it or not but I would check for fraying and make sure the pivot points all move freely as well

thanks, guys I'll check those out. Seems in the afternoon, when it's warm, and in the 70s, it'll not stick (at least nowhere near as often).It did this once before, but then it was the rod that connects the linkage to the pump rack; it was catching on the PS cap. This time, that is not the case.