• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Correct Clutch Pedal Adjustment

I recently had installed a South Bend DD clutch (sdd3250) and replaced the hydraulics with south bend as well. My question is what is the correct "Clutch Pedal adjustment", should this be set such that the clutch behaves a certain way (aside from engage/disengage ok). or just set pedal height to one's desired comfort level or maybe it's none of the above and I missed something lol. Right now the clutch pedal is about 1" above brake pedal.If you have a double disk clutch, would you mind sharing with me how different the truck drove after the install. I went from a stock clutch with worn out south bend hydraulics to double disk.Thanks in advance,Tony

I don't know that there is any way to adjust the clutch on these tucks, and my clutch pedal has always come up higher than the brake pedal. I went to a full ceramic double disk clutch from stock and it grabs a lot harder when starting out and is sometimes a bit jumpy when starting out.

aftermarket hydros are adjustable

What he said^^^. When I replaced my hydros I asked the guys down at DAP and they said to just make sure the clutch starts to engage when the pedal is about 1 or 2 inches off the floor. It does not really matter where the clutch pedal ends up once the clutch is fully engaged.