• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Exploded View Of a Bosch VP44 pump

• Owner
post-2-138698208625_thumb.png123. Torx Screw Fillister805. Part Set Control Unit471. Closing Cover109. Cheesehead Screw480. O-ring127. Sealing Ring111. Torx Ovalhead Screw107. Angle Of Rotation Sensor135. Control Valve134. O-ring133. O-ring207. Spring Lock Washer206. Hexagon Nut810. Overflow Valve104. Screw Plug105. Flat Seal Ring398. Screw Plug397. Flat Seal Ring
  • Like 1

:o. Coming across this post I realized I dropped the ball on shipping that pump to you, Mike. I have 2 days off at the beginning of the week, I'll be sure to get it shipped out to you. BTW, part #37 (a small 2 bolt cover) was the million dollar part on my former 00. The guy I bought it from said the VP was leaking fuel, and "when they leak fuel out the back of the pump they need rebuilt" :confused:OK, so I picked up the truck for $1800 on the assumption it needed an injection pump. Got it home, got to looking at the back of the pump with a mirror and saw what looked to be a hair line crack running across that little cover. So after buying a tamper proof torx bit to remove the 2 screws, I proceeded to remove the cover. Got the first screw out and while breaking the 2nd screw loose the cover literally broke in half. I ground a V in both halves of the cover, TIG welded it back together, bolted it back up, bled the fuel system, and she fired right up. I put close to 100k on that truck.....on that injection pump :cool:JR

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • Staff

This is one of the reasons I'm still trying to get my hands on a used VP44 pump and pull it apart. I'm still not exactly happy with the Bosch information I've got and keep missing this diaphragm. There is no part number nor have I seen where this part is suppose to be.

I wonder if Bosch doesn't want everyone knowing about this part because it might be an easy fix for many of the pumps sent in for rebuild.

:popcorn:

Edited by JAG1

This is one of the reasons I'm still trying to get my hands on a used VP44 pump and pull it apart. I'm still not exactly happy with the Bosch information I've got and keep missing this diaphragm. There is no part number nor have I seen where this part is suppose to be.

Pump is boxed up, with your name/address on the front, sitting in the back seat of my truck. I have been procrastinating waaay to long on this one, but I will get it out by mid week (working long hours first part of the week and won't get home until after the post office closes)

• Like 1

Pump is boxed up, with your name/address on the front, sitting in the back seat of my truck. I have been procrastinating waaay to long on this one, but I will get it out by mid week (working long hours first part of the week and won't get home until after the post office closes)

:spank:

OK Mike, one damaged VP is on it's way to you. I sent it lowest priority, they said 7 to 10 days. Originally I asked for it back when you were finished but considering the cost of shipping, don't worry about it. It will never be accepted as a core due to the damaged nose. The only reason I wanted it back was to fiddle with it myself but like I said shipping was more than the pump is worth.

Enjoy!

• Like 1