• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Lift pump reccomendations?

Ok, So I bought this 02 6 speed quad cab dually back in april. No body on the back, getting ready to put on a nice utility body. Been doing lots of fix-up, new brakes/calipers/rotors/wheel bearings/dana 80 clutch re-stack/u joints/air bags/ etc etcSo, soon will be ready to put the body on but first want to do the lift pump since right now my tank is easily accessible.I've researched and asked this question over at the cumminsforum.com But there are sooooo many different reccomendations/types/styles/price ranges of lift pumps. It's confusing man! :think:I just want the simplest & most reliable. For now I'm happy with the factory power, maybe more power upgrades in the future but nothing extreme.Any reccomendations? Best lift pump/most reliable/easiest to install and maintain and best bang for the buck?Thanks!

I used to recommend the GDP Walbro set-up. I actually still run that system.After that I used to recommend the Raptor. They've had some pump issues somewhat recently.Now I'd go with the "Fuel Boss". A couple members here have them installed. Do a search under the members name of "Lone Watie". He did a good write up about it.

Wow lots of thumbs up for fuel boss. Awesome response. Thanks for the feedback! Is the fuel boss specifically mechanical? Or do they offer an elec version too? I'll look into it. I like the idea of a mechanical pump as long as it doesnt wipe me out $$.

http://www.glacierdieselpower.com/dept.aspx?dept_id=07-001 A few of us on here I think has bought pumps from this guy...excellent customer service. I see he's currently sold out, you'd have to call to find out the scoup. Some of the best money you'll spend on your truck:spend:

Greatly appreciate the info. It's a no-brainer. I'm getting the fuel boss mechanical pump and the price is right! I just contacted glacier diesel, they will be back in stock sometime around the end of next week.I will post install updates here once I receive it.Thanks again for the great response and info.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I ordered the fuel boss mechanical lift pump from GDP http://www.glacierdieselpower.com/product.aspx?pf_id=FB-98502 Also ordered the big line kit to replace the fuel line between the filter housing and VP. Includes an inline Tee with npt connection. http://www.glacierdieselpower.com/product.aspx?pf_id=9852BLK&rurl= I'll post updates once I get this installed. May be a while, busy as hell and first need to clean up the engine. Tons of accumulated grease from a long term leaky power steering pump (fixed it) and puke bottle sludge too. So, I'm going to do the moparman puke bottle delete, kill the dowel pin, clean/degrease the radiator & install the fuel boss all in one shot. Here is a progress update picture. No rust!! Not bad for an 02? The body is on the trailer behind my first gen across the street. Click picture for larger image. post-12776-138698209251_thumb.jpg

I'm just a jack (or jack off!) of all trades. No shortage of things to do with my trucks lol Primarily a pro welder / artistic blacksmith. Check out my website: http://www.ironforger.com Also a maintenance coordinator, landlord & I process firewood all year long. I'm really looking forward to setting up this truck! It's soooo much more fun to drive & way comfortable compared to my first gen. As for lifting the body, I have a gantry crane so no problem there.