• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Exhaust brake?

Back when I lived in Washington I loved my EB. If you are towing heavy and have lots of grades to go up it down it really saves the brakes and I would never go without one. I also think some people use them to help warm the truck up with the high idle mod?? This is just my opinion but I wouldn't ever tow without one anymore.

• Like 1

I have a D-Celerator that needs a battery for what is left of the remote that came on my truck I just purchased... have yet to try it out as I want to take it apart and lube the butterfly bushings:) * Does anyone have a remote laying around for a first gen. D-Celerator that they aren't using???:cool:

I recently installed a pxrb on my truck. I can't believe the difference it makes. I used to get serious brake fade from overheating when taking a grade with camper and boat to lake roosevelt. Now I don't have to touch them except on a couple of 20mph corners. That really destresses our camping trips. I also love the auto warm up feature.

What kind of lockup device do you run? And what gears can you lockup in?

When you buy the pacbrake they send evrything you need to hook it up to your model truck. Mine came with Pacbrake's lockup controller. It locks the converter in 3rd and 4th with overdrive switch in off position. You get compression braking only with overdrive switch enabled. It is surprising how much braking I get without the converter being locked up.

• Staff

When you buy the pacbrake they send evrything you need to hook it up to your model truck. Mine came with Pacbrake's lockup controller. It locks the converter in 3rd and 4th with overdrive switch in off position. You get compression braking only with overdrive switch enabled. It is surprising how much braking I get without the converter being locked up.

It's a 4 speed transmission, so OD off means no 4th gear. My Toyota would unlock the tq converter when braking, and yes it really helps increase drag and slow the rig down.

I have to share this funny story so bare with me. This occurred prior to Mike posting his vids on here and without me seeing the vid in question prior either. I was speaking with a friend the other day who is looking to purchase a cummins soon. He has always wanted one with a brake on it and we were discussing the ins and outs of the brakes when he says he watched a video of a fella hauling firewood down a steep grade and how well the brake performed and thought it sounded pretty damn good too. He said he couldn't tell where the truck was from but the guy had a different accent so he knew the driver was not from our area at all. I said do you remember what color the truck was... maroon maybe. He said in a questionable voice "I think it was a maroon and silver/gray truck.....WHY?) I laughed and told him it sounded just like a video Mike would make and the truck matched the description of Mikes beast. So while on the phone with him I looked up videos of cummins exhaust brakes and who do I find first thing? Mike of course. Prolly more funny to me than you all reading it, but I just thought it was odd that I some how knew it was Mike before I ever seen the video. With that said, he asked what brake you run? I said pac, but would try to clarify. So this long short story is to tell you that I have to ask what is actually is because it is not in your signature. :duh: oh and thanks for the good vids.

• Like 1