• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Smoke switch

Maybe I'm missing something but when did everyone become so afraid of a little smoke? My new trucks won't roll any coal but my 01 will. There are quite a few prius owners that know that well. Just put a switch on the map sensor and it will smoke like freight train.I'm really surprised that the OP was scolded so hard. I guess I'd get scolded too if your truck could keep up with mine!! :tease::tease:Black smoke don't mean it's broke!

i would do a smoke switch to get tailgaters off me thats about it.

Doesn't seem to work. I'VE TRIED! :D I've stopped worrying about them and just let them go. I don't think I've been tailgated by the same jackass twice either... Besides, I am almost always in uniform, driving a non personal vehicle, or packing and really don't need the attention.

• 4 weeks later...

I love this pix. Only problem a prius is to low to the ground the smoke would just go over it. keep up the good work

Maybe from a dead stop, but once rolling the smoke will be pulled toward the road directly behind the truck.

I'm really surprised that the OP was scolded so hard. I guess I'd get scolded too if your truck could keep up with mine!! :tease::tease:

Think that's bad - post it on CF and see what awaits you. http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98-5-02-non-powertrain/622927-smoke-switch-98-5-00-help.html Point guys are trying to make is there is a time an place for everything. But generally 17 year old kids trying to black out a prius because they can - doesn't help all the issues with EPA and people getting badgered just for owning a diesel. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVdMySWfAIQ&noredirect=1 But we've all been there ........ I enjoy the power as much as the next guy ..... if someone ticks me off I can sweep them with fuel rather than a finger ....... but generally I like to keep it smoke free ...... I actually think its cool to take off faster than a hemi charger ..... and leave little smoke to tell what happened ....... you see people look at you like ........... :stuned::thumbup2: