• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hello all. I'm a new member with a 2008 dodge 2500 6.7l. I joined the site to ask what the pros and cons are with adding a programmer and what deletes would be best and if they will throw diagnostic codes. Not looking to screw my truck up mainly looking to increase fuel mileage. Currently is 13-14 with a heavy foot and 14-15 with a lite foot. Any information on the best products out there and what the do's and dont's are would greatly be appreciated.

I have done a bunch of 6.7 delets. It will get rid of 99% of the problems. You may gain 2-3 mpg but it depends on many different things. I would go with a raceme programmer and a turbo back 4" exhaust. Its hard to find programmers right now because the epa cracked down on the companies. I have no cons to doing the delets unless you live in a emissions state

I have done a bunch of 6.7 delets. It will get rid of 99% of the problems. You may gain 2-3 mpg but it depends on many different things. I would go with a raceme programmer and a turbo back 4" exhaust. Its hard to find programmers right now because the epa cracked down on the companies. I have no cons to doing the delets unless you live in a emissions state

I have limited exposure to the 6.7's but from what I've seen I completely agree. A properly deleted truck will really free up a truck and let it run like it's supposed to, not to mention extend the service intervals. The biggest thing I've seen is people getting carried away with the custom tunes and popping head gaskets. The 68rfe in stock form doesn't seem to be able to take a whole bunch of power mods either, at least the few that I have seen anyway. Not too much different from any other stock trans though when you think about it. As long as you don't go crazy with the power you should be fine. Like mentioned above though, if you live in an area that does emission testing your going to run into problems. And whatever you do, don't sell off your stock equipment if you remove it. Very important parts to hang on to! JR