• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Who's Burning???

dorkweed

For heat.......!!!Havent' had to at all so far............even though there's been some nights in the 40's!! After days in the 60-70's...............a night in the 40's just cools things down for me!!!I've read about folks that keep their home in the '80's whilst burning..................all I can say is that IMHO, they're wasting wood!!! I'd have to keep the dogs outside if'n I kept my house much over 68*F now!!! Even then, the pooches are hanging out in the "cool" parts of my little dump!!:smart::thumbup2:

I don't burn wood, but I have not even turned my furnace on this fall......yet. We have even had a couple of hard freezes here too. I still have my bedroom windows open too.:thumb1:

• Like 2

:banghead: Temps. have been dropping down from 60's in the day to around high 40's to 50's. Went to Avery for a hunting trip last week and it darn near RAINED every day we were there!Was at 5k feet and could see mountain tops snow-capped at about 6k feet. Rain has followed us home and have not seen a day of sunshine since! Thats 9 days of constant wetness! I'm tired of it! Propane is running... Burning in my artificial fireplace. :lmao:

Been cool enough at night for a few fires here but decided against it. I did burn some paper to run any bees or wasps out of the chimney before I cleaned it. None in there but better safe than sorry. Got the wood split and stacked and other than needing to put some new door gaskets on the stove, I think we're good to go.

Nice job!!! You are lucky you have a splitter :) I did a pile that size 2 years ago for my Uncle the old fashioned way using a 16# Maul:thumb1: Great workout though:thumbup2: It doesn't get cold enough here to have a more than a couple of fires , so need in chopping all that wood:(

• Like 1

I just split about 4 cords this past weekend for my mother in law and myself, she was out and I had about 2 cords left. I don't burn until temps get down below 20* but my MIL starts burning once it drops below 65* but she is 81 years old and is on a fixed income and lives on the farm, she uses very little propane as wood is her main heat source being home most of the time. her stove is in the basement and she has vents cut in the floor to let the radiant heat rise, amazing how warm the house stays with very little wood. She goes through about 4-5 cords a winter on average, my wife and I burn maybe 2-3 cords on average. since we both work full time my wife usually runs the stove, she likes the house warmer than I like so ours runs just a bit in the evenings and on weekends.

Since Sept. 20th. It been a max of 55-60*F during the day but at night 42-45*F we already got snow in the high country. (>6k feet)

It went from really hot to really cool by you pretty quickly, hey??? Wasn't only a couple weeks ago you were still near 100*???:thumb1:

I remember, just a couple weeks ago, it was warm out and sun was shining. The next day, it was like night and day and fall just came!...it must be here to stay. :cry: I think I became too accustomed to that Yakima weather... :doh:

• Staff

My son and I split about 3 cords over the Labor Day weekend. Rented a 27 ton splitter. I picked it up Friday afternoon and was told to bring it back on Tuesday morning, cost $87 for the weekend. That weekend the temp was around 100, now there down around 75-80 in the day and nights around 55-60. My wife says there's a nip in the air.:lmao2: Next week I'll be in the Sierra Mountains at 7100' fishing for 10 days. Temps about 65 in the day and 35 at night. I pack about 3 wheelbarrows of wood in the boat for the camp fire.post-11232-138698209069_thumb.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Since Sept. 20th. It been a max of 55-60*F during the day but at night 42-45*F we already got snow in the high country. (>6k feet)

depending on how this next storm tracks out of the Rockies, we are supposed to have thunder storms next 2 days, possibly degrading into the seasons' first BLIZZARD. :banghead: 'Bout fell out of the chair this morning when I heard that! Most trees around here still are full leafed, snow is the last thing we need!

I just split about 4 cords this past weekend for my mother in law and myself, she was out and I had about 2 cords left. I don't burn until temps get down below 20* but my MIL starts burning once it drops below 65* but she is 81 years old and is on a fixed income and lives on the farm, she uses very little propane as wood is her main heat source being home most of the time. her stove is in the basement and she has vents cut in the floor to let the radiant heat rise, amazing how warm the house stays with very little wood. She goes through about 4-5 cords a winter on average, my wife and I burn maybe 2-3 cords on average. since we both work full time my wife usually runs the stove, she likes the house warmer than I like so ours runs just a bit in the evenings and on weekends.

Didn't know wood burning was popular in NoDak!!! That's good to know, as it's where I may retire to. Is it hard to find wood sources???