• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

The bear is moving in

• Owner

Time for some electric fencing and a game cam to catch the entertainment! :evilgrin:

Maybe it would better yet to cut "Diesel" out the door with a IR Camera and watch the entertainment. "Diesel" has been clocked at about 30-35 MPH at a flat out run. I think this fat bear would be no challenge to him. Like my fire chief said let him run "Diesel" would tree him most likely. :lol: Meat for the freezer and rug for the living room. :cool:
  • Like 2

Remember, its still bear season in ID. ...turn him into nothing but sausage!

What a waste of good meat! Prepared properly the meat is a little sweeter tasting than beef!! They make great steaks!!:drool::drool::drool: I like bear meat!!

Yep! Way better than the ones that eat old carrion! Just put the meat ina pressure cooker with some potatoes and some carrots.....MMMMMMmmmmmm:drool: Dinner takes about 15 to 20 minutes that way!

Those were some nice trees, Mike. We never were able to get them to grow down in Colorado. Sorry to see the bear tore them up. I don't know your feelings on hunting but I have an idea. I've never hunted bear, but do you know if Idaho has over the counter bear tags? Looks like the season is close and if the bear returned you might do well. http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/public/docs/rules/bgBear.pdf From a cursory look at the fees they don't look nearly as expensive as the ones down here in Colorado. When I was in Alaska on a hunt, the Yupik tribe had some very beautiful and very warm rugs on their beds. They also prized the meat and tallow for their various high calorie high fat foods.

• Owner

Got a problem. I can't shoot in the yard. North of me there is houses, south of me there is houses, east of me is the highway (illegal to shoot across roads), west of me is the mountain. So even if I could get out of the house with him here I would have to hope he ran back up the mountain in the dark and shoot towards the mountain at about 1-3am in the morning. Just not happening.

• Staff

Got a problem. I can't shoot in the yard. North of me there is houses, south of me there is houses, east of me is the highway (illegal to shoot across roads), west of me is the mountain. So even if I could get out of the house with him here I would have to hope he ran back up the mountain in the dark and shoot towards the mountain at about 1-3am in the morning. Just not happening.

Sounds like you plan on missing???
  • Like 1

:hyper: Just pay for me to drive down. I'll rid you of yer bear problem... I've got my compound bow out this year for elk and deer, won't hurt to try it on a bear! :lmao: As well, there is no season for a depredation take! :thumbup2: The bear fat will make great rendered lard. Save the gallbladder too. IIRC, thats the part the orientals want from a bear, as they think there is something special about them... :cookoo:

:hyper: Just pay for me to drive down. I'll rid you of yer bear problem... I've got my compound bow out this year for elk and deer, won't hurt to try it on a bear! :lmao: As well, there is no season for a depredation take! :thumbup2: The bear fat will make great rendered lard. Save the gallbladder too. IIRC, thats the part the orientals want from a bear, as they think there is something special about them... :cookoo:

:iagree: Stick him with an arrow. :thumbup2: I've heard the gallbladder goes for a couple thousand dollars? :shrug::cookoo:

:iagree: Stick him with an arrow. :thumbup2: I've heard the gallbladder goes for a couple thousand dollars? :shrug::cookoo:

:lmao: If you can sell ice to an Eskimo, sky is the limit! :spend: mmmm, this is the from the rare silver-back bear! Bile give you much stamina! Make beavers scream! :lmao2: On a side note, I worked for an orient one summer and he found out I hunted bear. Thats when I found out they were worth something to them... Offered me $500 for it.. Little did I know... :banghead: