• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

SO it seems to be one thing after another with this truck. First the batteries kept going dead due to a grid heater solenoid sticking open, then my fuel pump went, now my trans wont shift out of neutral. All in about a 3 week span.I just finished installing my new AirDog II, bled the system and fired the truck up. Went to put it in reverse, heard the engine load down like it normally does but nothing happen. Went back to park and heard a slight grinding. Put it in drive, same thing, I hear the load but no movement. Put it back in park and a lot of grinding, had to move back to reverse then park top make it stop. Turned the truck off, I can roll the truck in any gear, Park, Reverse doesn't matter.What is/could be going on here? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Not trying to get you angry, but did you check your transfer case to make sure it is in gear? What makes me think of that is the grinding when you put it in park.

Between the 10 hour day I worked and the three 11 p.m. or later nights I put into the truck to get er fixed my nerves were run out.I had no patience left for anything so I over looked the obvious things and went straight to the worst, I thought the out put shaft was broke or something. But come to find out the guys I work with had to move my truck and put the transfer case into neutral and never put it back. They claim it was an accident but I'm pretty sure they wanted to screw with me. Sorry about the excited post, I reall yneed to calm down and K.I.S.S. I over think things a little too much. LOL. :lmao: Thanks MnTom! You hit it right on the head!

If you can roll the truck in park, then it can only really point (at least for this particular issue) to 3 things:

[*]Transfer Case either not in gear, or has broken

[*]Transmission PARK stop or PARK rod has become disconnected

[*]Transmission Input and/or Output shaft has failed/broken

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, sorry... I apparently missed your resolution post...

• Like 1

Between the 10 hour day I worked and the three 11 p.m. or later nights I put into the truck to get er fixed my nerves were run out.I had no patience left for anything so I over looked the obvious things and went straight to the worst, I thought the out put shaft was broke or something. But come to find out the guys I work with had to move my truck and put the transfer case into neutral and never put it back. They claim it was an accident but I'm pretty sure they wanted to screw with me. Sorry about the excited post, I reall yneed to calm down and K.I.S.S. I over think things a little too much. LOL. :lmao: Thanks MnTom! You hit it right on the head!

You are not the only one, I spent 2+ hours after installing my AD try figure out why the truck would not start. If you dont plug the vp back in it will never start.:doh: Here's your sign.
  • Like 1

Well I guess we all have our "Here's your sign!" moments. Working on $500 thousand + fire trucks eeryday I see and have a lot of "oh $***" moment smyself LOL :doh::lol:I'm just happy to have my truck back, I've been driving around a Dodge Caravan for the last three weeks. That sucked! :cry:I feel like a kid in a candy store again though. My truck seems to have a littlle more authority to it now that it's got a proper Fuel Supply! :ahhh::ahhh:

If you can roll the truck in park, then it can only really point (at least for this particular issue) to 3 things:

[*]Transfer Case either not in gear, or has broken

[*]Transmission PARK stop or PARK rod has become disconnected

[*]Transmission Input and/or Output shaft has failed/broken

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, sorry... I apparently missed your resolution post...

Have to add one thing to your list, if the snap ring for the direct clutches happens to break and pops out at the right time, it can cause you to not have park and does make a growling noise (at least mine did) because the parking pawl bounces along the top of the gear it engages.