• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Yellowstone Supervolcano Alert:

• Staff

:stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot: (<--- That is God) This will happen after the Christians are taken to Heaven, and the ones left on the earth are enduring the 7 year tribulation. That's my :2cents:. The end times are upon us.

I believe it too......... things everywhere are starting to show signs and wonders as the Bible says.
  • Like 1

• Staff

It's pretty interesting stuff for sure. I am outside the "effected" zone by mere miles, Michael and I certainly have front row seats. Much of what is going on is simply because of technology, everyone has the ability to know about everything in the world which has a way of spreading lots of gloom. How far back does recorded history go? It's not far enough in my opinion to make a lot of "end of the world" judgements. Global warming is getting it's dose of reality vs recorded history right now.

I somewhat agree, California should already be an island or sunk in the ocean according to all you hear about earth quakes and fault lines.

The plates are moving north and south across the san adreas fault. Nothing is sinking or pulling apart. I'm sure you know that. I totally agree with the notion that technology brings things in our lives we wouldn't normally see and with that comes the temptation to try to explain them. Certainly, recorded history as far as earthquakes go probably isn't that old. Climate data is pretty easy to find though and global warming is a proven fact. I hope Mike doesn't get blown up. I'm down if Florida if anyone needs somewhere to go! :hyper::hyper:

I'd rather live in Florida and be under water than snowed in up north for 6 months a year! Would you be leaving the great white north if you thought the caldera was about to erupt? Are you leaving? If not, does that mean you don't believe your own prediction? That is the logic your trying to use on me. Apparently, I would have moved if I really believed in global warming. Earthquakes and volcanoes were studied, sources were cited, trends were noted, etc, etc. When it came time to consider global warming the evening news was enough. Why be so thorough on one subject and so easily dismiss another? Is the caldera more likely to erupt before the polar bears go extinct? Do you hate bears? http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/09/130925-global-warming-pause-climate-change-science-ipcc/ I think there are a multitude of events that could happen in our lifetime and even more that will happen in geological time. None of us can know which will happen first. We can, however, all take steps to lower greenhouse gasses. I'm not aware of a way to lower the risk of a caldera but if there was I'd do that too. The resistance to my initial statement seems very selfish to me. If we use up all the natural resources and damage the environment what will our kids have? What will their kids have? Mike tells me that he can only cut down dead trees. In this manner they protect the forest for the future. Great idea. Why can't we treat other things like this? Even if you don't believe in global warming you can probably see that pollution isn't great. What harm is there in being a steward of your surroundings? Is that something that makes you want to laugh?

I think the problem is, is all of the corruption that has gone along with it. You have Al Gore for instance, that is more set on making money from you over it than really caring about the problem. You have e-mails from scientists that admit to their data being flawed.Its hard to take the subject matter seriously, because of the ones' who present it.Although, I can agree to being a good steward to the earth. I do not personally believe in "global warming, or climate change". But, I do believe in being cleaner with emissions for the short term. I believe the earth has safeguards for such a thing, but the immediate effect of taking on a lung full of pollutant is a different story.

• Staff

Glaciers are disappearing, but, it may have more to do with warming of rock or earth as a whole (thermal mass build up) warming from increased underground volcanic activity? It looks like glaciers are melting more from underneath than on the surface.Look at the ice caves they recently discovered under the Mt. Hood Glaciers. They are the largest in the lower 48. These caves are increasing in size everywhere.