• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Says it will work. As long as your sensor will fit it. just put it in the PTO cover. I am going to install one on mine whenever I find my Fast Coolers. I know they are here somewhere.:think:I have to agree with Mike on the EGT gauge. It is much more important.

Depends on where you mount it. On the pillar, might get a little close. I used a 10ft lead with my gauge and im glad I did. Mine gauges are pillar mounted as well. Just a thought, you get what you pay for with gauges. I would be questioning the reliability with that set that you have there.

I'm not sure how the street glows are set up but on my ISSPRO gauges there is a box which mounts under the dash and the harness for the thermo coupler goes into that box and then from the box up to the gauge. So in my case 6 feet (which I believe is the standard length) is enough because you only need enough to run through the grommet into the engine compartment and then along the firewall to the manifold. ISSPRO does make a 3.5 ft extension in case your doing a custom installation and need the extra length, maybe Glowshift has something similar if you need it?

I'm not sure how the street glows are set up but on my ISSPRO gauges there is a box which mounts under the dash and the harness for the thermo coupler goes into that box and then from the box up to the gauge. So in my case 6 feet (which I believe is the standard length) is enough because you only need enough to run through the grommet into the engine compartment and then along the firewall to the manifold. ISSPRO does make a 3.5 ft extension in case your doing a custom installation and need the extra length, maybe Glowshift has something similar if you need it?

Can you not just make an extension with the proper gauge wire and connectors? My Isspro came in 3 parts. The thermo couple with about 1" of fairly stiff wire(assuming that is protected from the heat), the sending unit with about 2' of wire IIRC, and an extension about 76" long.

I've installed 3 sets of glow shift gauges, and there is enough wiring for the egt probe. As far as adding wiring, I want to say you can but only a short wire because it will mess with the resistance which is how the egt probe and gauge are calibrated.[/quote

Are you speaking about the wires from the thermo couple to the sender? How about the wires from the sender to the gauge? I need to add some wire to reach the gauge.

There is no problem running a jumper for the egt probe wires, you could also run your own wire the whole way if you would like. The resistance of typical wire is so similar if not exact that it will not mess with the thermocouple reading. The thermocouple works by having two very different materials that have different properties at different temperatures and the gauge reading comes from the voltage drop across these two different materials. A lead wire from the gauge to thermocouple is not going to affect this reading significantly. But I would remind you never to mix stranded and solid wires in a wire nut and would recommend only using standard wire for vehicle applications. I would also use higher quality wire aka not speaker wire, its not made to carry significant load or hold up under car conditions.Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Can anyone reccomend a know reliable / good cust service distributor for the isspro gauges? Thanks

Geno's garage. They deal only with Dodge/Cummins accessories, have been very knowledgeable with the few questions I've asked, I always have my order sitting on my doorstep within 3-5 days max, and never had a problem with anything I've ordered from them. They stand behind everything they sell there. JR now Free

• 2 weeks later...

ok i have a new question now with my guages before i installed them i had a fuel pressure light and had no lights but with the guage it shows 12psi at idle but like at cruising speeds i get maby 10 and wot 6 i did how ever wire the sending unit with a larger guage wire than the lead off the guage had could that be messing with the reading or is my stock lift pump failing but wouldnt i get a lo pressure light if that was the case