• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Truck won't turn over at times

As the title states my truck won't turn over at times as in starter won't even attempt to spin, when its happened with me I let the clutch out and push it all the way in again and we crank right up. I'm thinking/hoping that I'm getting a bad connection on the sensor that tells the computer the clutch is engaged and it's safe to start. Just want to poll the audience and make sure I'm not missing something or this is symptoms of a bigger issue. My main issue with it right now is the wife used her jeep to do some deer hunting and it's in the shop till Friday and I head out of town for work tomorrow, so if its a bigger issue, then I want to get it resolved before I leave. No clicking like a solenoid going bad or anything like that, really just like what you get if you turn the switch with no clutch pushed in. Any help/reassuring would be great. Hate I travel so much now days, miss getting on here and catching up and seeing whats going on as often.

Check your switch out and also the clutch pedal pivot pin. I have seen that come loose and the clutch pedal wasnt going to the floor all the way. Also make sure the switch is fully clipped onto the master cylinder rod. Jump out the wiring wih a paper clip. Problemgoes away, then its in the switch or mounting

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies, goofed around with everything last night and the problem hasn't reproduced itself since. Wife should get her car back Friday and after I get her deerproofing bumper put on her Jeep and out of my shop I'm gonna put the truck in there and clean everything up nice and keep an eye on everything in the process for what coulda caused the issue.

I had a similar issue with my 02 except when I turned my key on nothing came to life at all, not even the gauges, found the ignition switch wiring in the tilt column broke at the pivot point just below the key switch. Mine was intermittent as well until I figured out that with the key in the on position it came and went when I tilted the wheel. easy splice had it going in no time.