• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

server being laggy for anyone else?

i keep getting time out errors. when trying to refresh or post to the forum. some pages take FOR EVER to load.the rest of my web browsing seems fast. just this site i'm having problems with. what DNS servers does everyone use. there are no good ones here in AZ that are back boned into sudden link. my ISP sends EVERYTHING to SanJose.

• Owner

Finally ran into someone at hosting company that is rather knowledgeable. Gave me some food for thought and so ideas on getting this problem fixed. I can say we both looked over the MySQL server for errors or problems and neither one of us can explain the issues. So though is possible some foreign people might be looking to hack the site doing several types of hit on the site looking for weakness which might tax the MySQL server connection limit (200 connections). Could be a unknown bot mass mobbing the site taxing the MySQL server as well. So I've got some good idea and theories to try so hang in there gang. I'm working at it even now 10:50pm MST...:whistle:

Is the server a Linux box as well? could you maybe check the iptables logs or your access logs, find the bad IP's from china or what not, then just block the ip range? i wouldn't think it's to hard to narrow own the users IP addresses, then the search spiders, blocking the hackers/script kiddies might not be that hard at first. Though if someone really wants in, they will find a way.

• Owner

Last night laying in bed with the laptop I manage to change a few things hoping to clean up some of the server load issues. Like the quick post box I've added to the site being Ajax function don't call for a extra page to be painted/downloaded it can just modify the current page. So that should lighten the server a bit more. I'm going to look into chasing bots a bit more and keep them on track.