• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

Sign in to follow this  
Killer223

server being laggy for anyone else?

i keep getting time out errors. when trying to refresh or post to the forum. some pages take FOR EVER to load.the rest of my web browsing seems fast. just this site i'm having problems with. what DNS servers does everyone use. there are no good ones here in AZ that are back boned into sudden link. my ISP sends EVERYTHING to SanJose.

I had split to do 3 days of shopping stocking up for winter time. I notice on the day I left this issue popped up and being slow but I didn't have the time to deal with it. So now that I'm back I'll monitor this and see if this is still a issue.

Finally ran into someone at hosting company that is rather knowledgeable. Gave me some food for thought and so ideas on getting this problem fixed. I can say we both looked over the MySQL server for errors or problems and neither one of us can explain the issues. So though is possible some foreign people might be looking to hack the site doing several types of hit on the site looking for weakness which might tax the MySQL server connection limit (200 connections). Could be a unknown bot mass mobbing the site taxing the MySQL server as well. So I've got some good idea and theories to try so hang in there gang. I'm working at it even now 10:50pm MST...:whistle:

Is the server a Linux box as well? could you maybe check the iptables logs or your access logs, find the bad IP's from china or what not, then just block the ip range? i wouldn't think it's to hard to narrow own the users IP addresses, then the search spiders, blocking the hackers/script kiddies might not be that hard at first. Though if someone really wants in, they will find a way.

Yea... It's a CentOS Linux box hosting the site as well. But as for the hackers it a theory not actually happening that I know of. Bots are possible but i need to read over the server logs closely in the morning.

Last night laying in bed with the laptop I manage to change a few things hoping to clean up some of the server load issues. Like the quick post box I've added to the site being Ajax function don't call for a extra page to be painted/downloaded it can just modify the current page. So that should lighten the server a bit more. I'm going to look into chasing bots a bit more and keep them on track.

I gather its mostly growing pains of the site and servers. I've gain a bit more performance cutting back some of the option settings and things. So keep a eye on it for a while longer and let me know if anyone else is seeing problems.

Mine has been working good for the past couple of days, with some moments of slowness.