• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New injectors, possibly this weekend..

When the guy I work with put the 370 marine injectors (5x0.012@155°) in his truck it did the same thing yours is doing when it was cold out. he was running stock timing as well.

A lot of times they will lope slightly when cold. Mine with 16.5* timing and 300 injectors has a slight lope cold. Rogan, yours sounds more like it is in the 20* timing range though.

I don't have a  tractor that doesn't lope  when cold,  (stone cold @   32  or  less)   either   NA  or  turbo'd.     JD,  perkins,  or  cummins.... they do it all.

how is  yours  starting..... does it  crack right off,  is it  'fighting' the starter?

your  4000 psi  =   275 bar..        Sounds about right to me.

when's  the last time you  checked your   turbo?     

Edited by rancherman

The level of sound comes in large part from the type of air filter/intake set up i think. I know when I switched from my AFE cold air filter to the BHAF the turbo whistle became almost nonexistant. It was real noisy with the AFE but it went completely away with the new filter. The AFE was a very thin air filter I think.

well,    your  nasty  fuel economy  gotta  be   something  other  than the injectors...   cause   it's  basically the same  with   either set of  injectors.

how long  has it  been this way...  did it  come on   suddenly.. or  gradually   sink...  or  been this way the whole time?

Have you ever had your truck next to another 12V and noticed that one truck has a 'harsher' sound when idling? That is timing. The higher the timing the harsher the sound. Yours to me (in your video) sounds a lot like the timing is set way to high. Have you checked the timing?

Gosh, I remember when it was just as simple as taking a timing light and turning the distributor on a gasser...

Yea, I used to do that sort of stuff for a living. That and change the points, plugs, and condenser.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...