• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New injectors, possibly this weekend..

• 3 weeks later...

I installed them last weekend. Well, 2 things.. 1: runs like a raped ape 2: lopes like a big cammed engine when cold.. #2, why? on the move...

wrong pop pressure ??? Thought 12v should be at 280 bar ........... but depends on pump also ........ wheres your timing set ???

They wouldn't happen to be marine tips on the injectors would they? A guy I work with put 370 marine injectors in his truck and it loped like a puller when cold. The 370 marine injectors are 5x.012 with a 155 degree spray pattern instead of the 145 degree spray pattern our truck have, the wider spray pattern is what makes the marine injectors run dirtier than the proper 145* pattern injectors.

Did you ever have your current ones pop tested?

Yes

Not yet. I will once I swap these out. The new ones are set for 300 bar.

I was wrong; see below.

Different pop pressure? Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

wrong pop pressure ??? Thought 12v should be at 280 bar ........... but depends on pump also ........ wheres your timing set ???

They wouldn't happen to be marine tips on the injectors would they? A guy I work with put 370 marine injectors in his truck and it loped like a puller when cold. The 370 marine injectors are 5x.012 with a 155 degree spray pattern instead of the 145 degree spray pattern our truck have, the wider spray pattern is what makes the marine injectors run dirtier than the proper 145* pattern injectors.

These new ones are set to 400bar. I don't know about 370s but these are SAC nozzles. Pump timing is unknown; hoping to get it checked/set this weekend. My old injectors were around 193-218 bar..

These new ones are set to 400bar. I don't know about 370s but these are SAC nozzles.

Pump timing is unknown; hoping to get it checked/set this weekend.

My old injectors were around 193-218 bar..

Never heard of 400 bar ...... that sounds outside spec ....... I think its listed in the manual but my understanding is 280-310 bar.

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-74986.html

"Pods are still in the 245-250 bar range. P pump injectors are generally setup in the 260-280 bar range, VP injectors are in the 300-310 bar range."

"Most performance injectors for 12 valves seem to be set between 275-300 bar."

think this answers it for you (smokem is weston) ....

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1361893#post1361893

"Who said 380BAR? I would not suggest it, never seen or heard of one being set nearly that high."

Id check with your builder ........ and then validate the timing .........

around 18-21 degrees on a 12v and between 280-310 bar ...

• 1 month later...