• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Oil pump housing failure, probable rebuild...

AH64ID

• Staff

There will be... just need to find time to take them.

The parts are apart, pun intended, but it doesn't change much. It was too hard to see everything when bolted up anyhow.

- - - Updated - - -

And yet once again my subscription to this thread (and most of them) changed to control panel only....

- - - Updated - - -

But for an update.

The block, head, and rotating assembly are at the machine shop and should be done next week.

The injectors showed up two nights ago, so all I am waiting for, parts wise, are the starter and alternator to be done getting freshened up and possibly an oil pan.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Sorry about the link, I didn't realize it wouldn't work. I have some in-progress photos and others on my camera, just haven't had the time to post them. It is back together, alive, and I drove it to work today.Basic rundownBalanced and BlueprintedFlywheel BalancedFluidamprMarine PistonsMarine MLS headgasket (~16.8:1)BBi Stage 1 InjectorsHamilton 178/208 CamHamilton 103# valve springsHamilton HD 24V pushrodsNew 1.3" TappetsNew water pumpNew 190° thermostatNew Vacuum pumpNew serpentine beltNew throwout bearingNew pilot bearingRadiator flushed/cleaned/testedLet me tell you this thing is SMOOTH, SMOOTH, SMOOTH. Between the balanced rotating assembly, better injectors, and fluidampr it is smoother cold than it was warm. It drives great, I am taking it easy on her thou and figuring out the tune. My tune is very conservative for now until I get some miles on her and see how she reacts to the MY03 piston/bowl design vs the OE design.All in all I am quite pleased to have it back, it wasn't cheap but it should be a hell of a motor!

• Staff

I put about 50 miles on it today, man is it smooth and quiet. It even shifts easier, which is impressive for the 16° weather we have (Fluidampr or balanced flywheel??). The starter tune is working good, until I turn the wick up I am not sure I have much to change.

• 2 weeks later...