• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Extreme cold!!!

If you fill at Cenex it is caller "Wintermaster" most of the other stations sell straight #2, 50/50 and straight #1. It is best to ask but I find most of the brainless help have no clue, I have seen them just give a blank lifeless stare when asked........Like I say find a reputable station and stick with it. My vote goes to any Cenex station, the local ones are going through name changes now too but the cenex signs are usually still posted.

If you fill at Cenex it is caller "Wintermaster" most of the other stations sell straight #2, 50/50 and straight #1. It is best to ask but I find most of the brainless help have no clue, I have seen them just give a blank lifeless stare when asked........ Like I say find a reputable station and stick with it. My vote goes to any Cenex station, the local ones are going through name changes now too but the cenex signs are usually still posted.

The Cenex and most every other fuel station I've ever filled up at in NoDak have always been labeled. Even in the smaller towns. That's been my experience though...............your's may vary!!!:2cents:

• Staff

I've never seen a labeled pump in Washington or Idaho, and will ask if there appears to be a knowledgeable person onsite. If it's SUPER cold I just dose my fuel to be safe.

By January I think all stations around here are winterized, but only to the local climate.

So what is a good anti gel additive I can use? I have been eyeballing the Howe's Diesel treatment stuff since that's what I sell at work. I'm sure once it gets cold enough it probably wont matter what I put in the tank. Thoughts?? The truck is the only vehicle we have between the two of us so it needs to be reliable through the winter.

I use FPPF and have for 25 yr in semi. It is 7.99 for a bottle that treats 240 gal. Each time I ut fiel in tank a little splash and I'm good to go. It also lubes the ip so I don,t need 2 stroke oil any more. My .02 worth.
  • Like 1

I've never seen a labeled pump in Washington or Idaho, and will ask if there appears to be a knowledgeable person onsite. If it's SUPER cold I just dose my fuel to be safe.

By January I think all stations around here are winterized, but only to the local climate.

Thats why I was wondering. Washington never labeled their pumps when I lived there. I will start checking around at the pumps. I would assume with how the climate is here the fuel is winterized. It would be tragic madness if its not. Thanks for the thoughts guys.

• 5 weeks later...