BrianAtSmarty

6.7 Tuners and DPF issues

Smarty softwares do NOT accelerate the blockage of DPF's, they actually lessen the frequency of regeneration. (ie: fuel economy increases and longer DPF life) MADS has proven FANTASTIC results with our latest emission testing results.Not only have we DECREASED each & every measured emission value, we have shown a 25% INCREASE in fuel economy, in the city driving emissions test! Sitting idle on our hands? I don't think so......

• Like 3

I wonder if this applies in Canada???

I haven't heard much yet but i'm sure with our meatheads for govt they will try to look good to the rest of the world and be leaders in this crusade :rolleyes:

US units do not allow for the removal of parts, however with the improvements in tuning giving you more mpg and less need for re-gens it makes for less worry about your DPF and helps when you fuel up.

Ok Brian.I take it your the vendor for smarty? Does this show on my ECM? Can my dealer see this even if I take it off for service? I am interested and in Ontario.

This is how I understand it,Yes and no. The dealer wont be able to spot it but if chrysler looks at the readings and calibrations they will find it. Its just how hard they look. Brian may be able to explain more throughly. The new ecms record everything.

Ok thanks a bunch. I am interested in something for MPG and also when I feel the need (I really mean the desire) to get pushed into my seat then I want a good unit.

Indeed, Smartys for the 5.9 are undetectable. 6.7 Smartys are detectable by the dealer. There is nothing you can put on the new 6.7s that are undetectable unfortunately.