• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Multiple Codes (10), Rough Idle....

I have an 01 24 valve, 193k, 6spd, 4" straight pipe, quadzilla, airdog 100. Decided to replace my leaking/lots and lots of play gear box. Did the gear box, pump, and hoses, had to move my truck out of the garage without hoses hooked up to gearbox (not the smartest I know) fired it up real quick pulled it out and shut it off. Now it runs really rough but I can hear my alt kick in/up and it smooths out then idles rough again. Starts fine but have quite a few codes, P0500, P0463, P0460, P1693, P0523, P0238, P0236, P1475, P1688 :cry: P1693. My theory is I just got lucky and lost the ECM while doing other repairs??? Will check all grounds in the morning and will test alt as well. Thought i was losing alt about 2 weeks ago but it started acting normal again and I blew off testing it.....To add to the mix lost fuel pressure hauling an excavator last week, idle I had good pressure but get on the go pedal and it dropped to 2 psi, caught it quick but it ended up being my water separator on the airdog. New one to me, changed the FF and nothing, Changed the separator and back in business. Have never heard of a clogged water separator anybody else have that issue?? Thanks in advance for any advice with my current trouble!!

Welcome from SoCo.P0500 Is a Speed sensor, no worriesP0463 Fuel level sensor circuit, high input Fuel Tank P0460 Fuel level sensor circuit malfunction Fuel tankP1693 Diagnostic trouble code set in the companion module Code set P0523 Engine oil pressure sensor/switch circuit, high voltageP0238 Turbocharger Boost sensor A circuit, high OverboostP0236 Turbocharger boost sensor A circui8t, range or performance problem Overboost or stuck wastegateP1475 Auxillary 5 volt supply voltage too high P1688 Internal fuel injection pump controller failure New Injection pump neededP1693 Diagnostic Trouble Code set in companion module

Thanks, I should have said I looked up the codes already on here, Thank you for posting the info on them! Before starting this project I didnt have any codes (that I know of, no light) I just find it hard to believe that I shelled my VP, spring a fuel leak, lost a map sensor or major turbo issues, have a speed sensor out,(no abs light) and have issues with the fuel tank all at once. I supposed weirder things have happened though :banghead:

Thanks, I should have said I looked up the codes already on here, Thank you for posting the info on them! Before starting this project I didnt have any codes (that I know of, no light) I just find it hard to believe that I shelled my VP, spring a fuel leak, lost a map sensor or major turbo issues, have a speed sensor out,(no abs light) and have issues with the fuel tank all at once. I supposed weirder things have happened though :banghead:

Not all codes will set the cel light, even with the number of them you have. Spin your rear tires and you can set the 500 code, does not mean the sensor is bad. Clear them, drive the truck and see what comes back.
  • Like 1

Thanks to all for the suggestions! Got her runnin great!!:thumb1: Checked alt, grounds on and on and on with no luck, when I deleted the codes the 238 code wouldn't delete and stayed on after starting. I finally unhooked my quadzilla and she runs just like normal, plus with it unhooked I was able to delete the 238 code which is the overboost code. Very unimpressed with quad seeing as the turbo timer quit on it about 6 months ago and wouldn't let the truck shut off..... should have checked that thing first off. Now it is in the trash where it belongs! :punish:Looking for tips on what chips you guys run, liked the quad for the turbo timer, warm up timer and all the gauges included but for now gonna look for a gauge pod and set of gauges. Thanks again for all the help!

Get ahold of Ed Grafton (Yankneck696) and he'll take a look into repairing your Quadzilla for ya.

Thanks! i might go pull it out if the trash im less angry with it since my truck is running As far as jumping with it I know I've jumped a few people with the quad on but not recently maye 2 months ago

You do not fry a Quad from jumping other vehicles. I have jumped many.The reason the Quad goes bad when the host truck is jumped, is due to the inrush of current being too much to handle. The capacitors are discharged & get a huge amount of current draw that goes through semiconductord & pops them.Ed

• Like 1