• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Truck died when I put it in gear.

Just a comment but from many years of diesel forum roamings i have read many threads of this same issue of engine stalling when put in gear, what I see a ton of them have in common was 2 things, aftermarket tighter converters and the main reason.....................Edge jammers, can't remember all the specifics but it would be worth time to research, I know for a fact i have read about lots of stalling issues right after Jammer injector installs over the years.

• Like 1

Like 2 weeks ago? I was told it was due to the line pressure. That's why it dies. BecuSe the TC locks up so fast

Could be except the TC doesn't lockup from P/N->D as far as I know ...... Don't think anyone ever really pinpointed the issue ...... just know your not alone , its worse in colder temps ..... You can try changing injectors ...... made no difference for me. Easiest I found to work with it was as soon as I started to move to D ........ and then just brake hold it. Now I moved to FL .... less issues ........

We would manually engage the tc with the scan tool to make sure the tc was working. All we did was hold the brake , put it in drive, the engage he tc. If the truck died, the tc was good. That being said, i would be looking at the tc or the circuit for the tc. Also maybe put the t-case in neutral and see if it does it. That would eliminate any electrical issues.Also is you put the t-case in neutral, be ready to shut you truck off because you wont be able to put it in park since the trans will be spinning freely

guys, i have not had any stalling issues since i swapped my 60HP injectors out for 100's. the difference is that the old 60's were 5 hole, and the new 100's are 7, and wow i've started right up down to 20F thus far and had no issues.IMO it's 100% injectors for me, and my built auto has a 550(or 600 according to dtt) lower stall as well.

and you know how bad my problems were. im seriously thinking it is injector design, because the 7 hole vco injectors i have the holes are way smaller then the old 5 hole injectors, and im thinking that the fact it is smaller means better atomization and thus better burn

Hmmm .... On my end have been through 4 sets of injectors with no change in stalling. And the common basis to all people I've seen with same issue is a tighter TC.Seems to be something with the TC providing a preload on the crank/engine .... And the fueling not being enough with certain injectors to overload it so it stalls .... I tried Stock, rv275, 75 vco, 150 sac ... Stalked with all 4 ....

On the ol 02 I had a BD single disc converter and had 3 sets of injectors other than stock and never had a stalling issue, had a set of 90 and 155 hp BD injectors both 7 hole design, ran good and clean burning, then just before selling I switched to a 100HP set of Scheids 5 hole, raw burning at idle and it did give a lot lower rpm at cold start and put in gear but never died, once warm it didn't phase it so I did see a difference in 7 hole to 5 hole sticks.