• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

AC noise/torque lock up issue problems

Failed diodes. I've seen them fail out of the box. Most re-builders or manufactures tend to cut corners and use cheaper China/Japan diodes instead of quality American so the AC voltage is higher.

Do you guys know If the LarryB Alternator is tested for ACVs before its sent out the door? I would hate to get a new one from him like NAPA and have it fail out the door. THanks,

I recently did a new alternator due to occasional VAC spike and got a new DENSO from O'reilly's. It said it was made in USA. So consider that for the future...

See I called my local O'reilly's, and all they carried was reman DENSO. They did not even offer or list a NEW one.

• Staff

See I called my local O'reilly's, and all they carried was reman DENSO. They did not even offer or list a NEW one.

Like said before you should try staying away from reman alternators. I'd call Larry and ask to have the higher output alt to be brought in. Good to have if you ever have an rv with extra batteries. Source automotive in Clackamas, Oregon (503 654 9004) stocks the higher output Nippon Denso and their prices are a little better too. That's where I got mine.:thumbup2:

Like said before you should try staying away from reman alternators. I'd call Larry and ask to have the higher output alt to be brought in. Good to have if you ever have an rv with extra batteries. Source automotive in Clackamas, Oregon (503 654 9004) stocks the higher output Nippon Denso and their prices are a little better too. That's where I got mine.:thumbup2:

Yeah I'm defiantly not going with a reman. I'll give them a call Monday and see what they say. Do they warranty the alternator even for a/c voltage? I still cant believe the brand new alt from NAPA was putting out a/c. The problem with them is it still passed there test in the store so they wouldn't warrantee it anyways.

• Staff

I don't know about their warrantee. I just trusted that it would be a good one which it is. You know, I'd bet some of these testers at the Auto parts stores aren't good meters. I know a cheaper Volt meter almost always shows AC noise too high. We had a thread on this and the guys with the average VM's were showing .30 that sort of higher ACV range. I went out and found a Fluke and suddenly my wifes car and my trucks all showed low AC noise.My old VM works great in every way except the Alternator test, but, there's nothing like a Fluke vm.On Edit........ I don't think you need a 200 amp alternator even with an RV. just keep it simple.