• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

NEW Truck, Over drive doesnt work.... but its on a switch.....

alright, I sold my 2002 dodge 2500 last week and picked up a 2000 Laramie slt 2500 short bed, its real nice! I like it. I had to have a new PCM installed in it today. (thankfully I have a great hook up ) so now the gauges work. but here is my dilemma , the guy I bought it from has 2 switches mounted on the lower dash, one is for converter lock up, the other is for over drive. and the transmission relay in the fuse block under the hood has been removed and 2 prongs are looped, (it does have a check engine light from it..) so I removed the looped wire, installed a new relay and leave the switches off. with the over drive button on it wont go into over drive. I check the wires at the plug on the trans, and 2 of the wires have been vampire tapped to those switches on the dash.:doh: I would really like to get this figured out and eliminate those switches. any ideas?

The jumper in the PDC under the hood was just a bypass for the lock up switch. So with a relay in there you will not have the ability to manually lock the converter anymore. Also there should have been a wire tapped near the PCM for the lock up switch, you may want to remove that if your doing away with it all together. If he was manually forcing OD, I'm guessing there was a problem somewhere along the line...the PCM commands OD, it is a bit odd you replaced it and no difference in shifting. If he has the wiring hacked up, return it to OEM form, maybe something is disconnected? If your positive the PCM is good and all your wiring is sound you may have to look at the solenoid pack in the valvebody.

• Like 1