• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Getting Tired of Snow Already

MnTom

I don't know what happened but I used to like winter and it didn't bother me at all but the last several years I have lost been gradually losing my tolerance for it and since I passed 40 I want to get out of it.

Welcome to the club. I used to go out snowmobiling and ice fishing anytime the temp was above -20*. Not any more.......I think it was about time I hit 40 or so too........

I went out at about noon and cleaned the driveway again..... Almost another 12" of real wet snow and it has been snowing at a rate of almost 1" per hour all day and it is supposed to quit about midnight to two AM. Then the cold comes.......

Yep, me being 25, looking at that much snow doesn't bother me any! I like it when it DUMPS!Especially when it gets to be heavy snow, I used to run around with my brother in the winter and shovel off roofs. We would make GOOD money doing it.

Yep 10 below today. My truck his gelled bigger than s#&t. Guess its my fault for not burning off the summer blend. Guesd i get to park in the garage tonight

I'm surprised you didn't get a winter blend a month ago when you filled up. I know from talking to a guy that owns 2 gas stations locally they start taking delivery of a winterized mix in early October so by the time it gets cold he knows he's got a good mix in the tank. Being it gets colder where you are you would think stations out there would be doing something similar. But I imagine the larger volume stations would be able to hold out a little longer because they use it much faster. JR

Tom why isn't your truck in that nice big shop of yours? She looks mighty cold sitting out there!

You look like you've got your hands full, it was 56 degrees in good ol Ashtabula County today! Shorts and t shirt weather!

JR

It won't fit. You can't see it but there is a trailer on the back that I am going to be delivering to my BIL. Besides, I am like Michael, I have a Jeep that is 4wd and my truck is 2wd and both get about the same mileage. So I am figuring on not driving my truck that much this winter and then I don't need to move it out to get another vehicle in. The other side is being used for storage by my son and daughter.

Yep 10 below today. My truck his gelled bigger than s#&t. Guess its my fault for not burning off the summer blend. Guesd i get to park in the garage tonight

Once you get her "thawed" out, run about a quart of 2 stroke in her. It's "technically" not an "anti-gel" agent……………..but it has a lower "pour point" than straight diesel. Thus; when you add it to straight diesel; it has to lower the "gel/pour point" of straight diesel!!!!! Just saying of course…………………I'm just a "flat-lander"!!!!!

http://www.wunderground.com/weather-forecast/US/ID/Sandpoint.html?MR=1 :doh: Radio on the way home said that with our windchill we are going to have will be -11 tonight and about -22 tomorrow night!

Actual air temp when I got up: -10*F. Windchill advisory for the next day. Windchills from -25* to -35*.