• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Antifreeze leak in wheel well

Your best bet would be to use a pressure washer (car wash) and CLEAN the side of the block real well. Then you should use the pressure tester and see where the leak is. This isn't a "53" block, is it?

• Like 1

I don't need to clean the engine compartment or the block. It is spotless. I mean I would eatoff it. Everybody seams to get off topic ordoesnt read the entire post. No leaks in engine compartment. No smell in cab. Only sign is in passenger side wheel well liner where the liner meets thefender.  It is notalot of leakage. I haven't topped it off since I have noticed it. 

• 4 weeks later...

Well I think it is my ac evaporated. Still have not been able to pin point the leak source but that is the only thing left. Anybody know of a sure way to tell if that is the problem before taking the dash apart? I watch mopars video and it doesn't look fun but not paying the stealer 1000+ to do it. 

Edited by rseabur

Well I think it is my ac evaporated. Still have not been able to pin point the leak source but that is the only thing left. Anybody know of a sure way to tell if that is the problem before taking the dash apart? I watch mopars video and it doesn't look fun but not paying the stealer 1000+ to do it. 

Easy way to check for leaks is to go get a can or two of 134A and the hose to put it in. Put one can in your A/C and then get a spray bottle and mix up some liquid dish soap and water. Mix it a bit rich on the soap. Go spray your A/C lines and look for bubbles. If it is a small leak you may not find it right away, but the place it is leaking will blow a bunch of bubbles. Keep in mind that the bubbles caused by a leak will all be the same size. If the bubbles are just random sized then it is not a leak.

If the fluid is neon green then i would check the A/C system on the passenger side fender is the A/C filter the big black canister looking thing right in front of the PCM. I have seen them leak and cause a pin hole that you will only see when the system is pressurized ie when the engine is running and the ac is on blowing cold. The A/C system runs when the heater is on but not as much as when the cold is on.

Well my dad and I were looking at this supposed antifreeze or what I was leaning toward ac oil leak yesterday. He did not think it was either. Thought it was to thick. When I parked the front tire was in a position to where we could see a NAIL in it that was leaking....My thoughts...Original owner got a flat knowing he was selling truck. He either put that tire slime or fix a flat in tire to save from repairing the tire which it did. 1yr later the temporary repair has started to fail sparying the green whatever it is out of the tire. Looks like you NAILED it Dieselfuture. Thanks to all for all the help. Will find out for sure if that nail has been the problem when I get to the tire shop next Saturday.

• Like 1

Got the nail pulled today. The tire was filled with that slime stuff that they use to fix holes. Haven't got all the stuff sprayed off yet but think i am good to go with this problem. Just glad I didnt pull the dash to do the heater core and evaporator. Now its a brake job and trying fix sticking front calipers. Thanks for your input guys