• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Tire Prices!!!

dorkweed

Anyone priced them lately???? It's too "cold" to shoe horses today, so I'm surfing. Decided to check tires, even though I don't need them now. "Holy Burnt Rubber Batman"!!!!!!:wow::ahhh: Wow, have the prices gone up in just 2 years!!!!:duh:AH64ID…………………You'd better buy your 19.5 rims and tires now based on how prices are skyrocketing!!!

I know what Treadrights are, but not primewells. Any way even the Cooper AT3's I bought were still near $850. A set of good load range E's for less than $800 would be nice. New that is and not retreads. Not knocking any one who buys them. To each his own.

I know what Treadrights are, but not primewells. Any way even the Cooper AT3's I bought were still near $850. A set of good load range E's for less than $800 would be nice. New that is and not retreads. Not knocking any one who buys them. To each his own.

primewell is tires plus economy brand. Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Tires jumped 25% nearly overnight a little over a year ago. I have a friend in the tire buisiness and he had some warning that it was going to happen, and it sure did. If anybody happens to be in the northern part of Ohio I have a good connection for tires near wholesale cost. I recently picked up a set of 285/75/17s for $200 less than anybody else within an hours radius of me could touch. I even priced them on eBay and they were still cheaper then eBay's prices, plus I would have still had to mount and balance them.JR

I should be ordering my rims today, and the tire quote I got is good for 30 days. They aren't cheap, but less than double standard tires and should last 3x as long.

When I was checking prices; I did notice that the Toyo M55's didn't go up near as much in price. The M55's are so close in price now to the Cooper AT3's I'm running now and the comparable Goodyear and Firestones and BFGoodshaft's that I may just go with them in a year or so when I need tires again!! I just couldn't justify buying them 2+ years ago when they were priced almost $100/tire more than the Coopers that I wound up buying!!!:smart: Just saying!!!:2cents:

• Staff

I would like to run a M-55, but they don't make an increase load for a 17" tire and while the 18" version will support 7K on the rear axle I would have to buy new wheels and if I am buying new wheels they will be 19.5's.I originally wanted to fine some OEM 18" takeoffs from a 2013+, but they changed the center cap and wheels would have to be machined for hubs, and they I couldn't rotate tires.

• Staff

I truly hope you get more than 30,000 miles from them.

This is why I am going with 19.5's. I was quoted just a little over $2,000 for 5 245/70R19.5 LRG ties that should go for at least 60K miles, if not more. I can't seem to get more than 30K useful miles out of LRE tires.

This is why I am going with 19.5's. I was quoted just a little over $2,000 for 5 245/70R19.5 LRG ties that should go for at least 60K miles, if not more. I can't seem to get more than 30K useful miles out of LRE tires.

Just rolled past 45,000 miles on my Cooper Discoverer AT3's. They're probably 40-50% gone now. Should get around 80k out of them………………..I hope!!!!!!:pray: Probably 10%+ of those miles are driven on gravel roads in NoDak, MO and WI. Just saying of course!!!:2cents:

• Staff

I get a bit more than that on dirt/gravel, many of them towing at 18K. It's just hard on tires. I have tried 3 different sets, nothing lasts the rubber is all too soft for the torque on gravel. I run very few highway miles, even fewer empty.My old man has the same issues, went the one set of toyo AT's in 16K and another in 23K. He makes less torque but tows a little heavier.I did do a little better back when I daily drove it, but not much.

• Like 1

Just spent a few dollars over $1500 for 6 285/75/17 nitto terra grapplers.

Why did you go with 6? Where are you mounting your spare? I just bought the exact same tire and size last month. $920 out the door for 4 tires (mounting, balancing, tax). I did not buy a spare yet because I have not quite decided what I'm doing since they won't fit under the truck. I'm either going to scab in some channel so that the tire sets flush along the bottom of the frame rail or buy a used 285/70 and mount it and call it good becuse they will fit under the truck. I don't really like that option because I would not be able to use it on the rear in the event of a flat. I would have to rotate a good tire to the rear and put the smaller tire up front.