• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

High Idle Kit Is Here

Things that make you go hummm? I live 60 miles from DieselAutoPower and am wondering if they would only bill me $45.00 to tune in the parking lot.  I guess I'll call them tomorrow and find out.  I need to set my tire height also as I'm 6 mph off according to the charts. Question to the board: Even in warm weather my grid heater cycles every few seconds.  I have removed the IAT sensor to clean, but it was spotless as I have no exhaust brake. Should I replace the sensor, as I had to replace the MAP sensor a few years back?  I get tired of that annoying click and light dimming when the heater cycles off and on.

If this is happenning at operating temps don't confuse the compressor cycling on and off with the grid heaters. The compressor will be cycling as long as the heater or a/c is turned on.

• Owner

Got her in. Cut the spacers at 1/2" long. Didnt wire led in at this time. One last question that i couldnt find on the other threads, lets say i turn it to 3 cylinder and i idle for 5 minutes. Do i just flip it to mpg once i get back into the truck to drive?

With 3 Cylinder mode if you trigger it you can flip over to MPG mode shortly after triggering and allow it to finish warming up. Since 3 cylinder is not a hled mode you can flip back to MPG at anytime. It only 6 cylinder mode if you wanted to hold the high idle extended period then you would have to leave it on 6 cylinder.

• Like 1

• Owner

Nice setup. 

I like the guage pod option. I'm ready to buy and considering putting this on an "A" pillar gauge pod.  Question:  Are the leads long engough if i install this in an A pillar gauage pod?

Thanks!

Yes for a A-pillar pod or steering column pod. Just the overhead console is too far on this set of leads. Also Ed has informed me he will be making a version to install in the over head console. (Coming soon)

• Like 1

If anyone has any issues with their High Idle units, please contact me directly. I has a soldering iron going bad & believe I have all 5 replaced from that session. I personally warranty all parts & workmanship for 1 year. All I have to do to qualify your warranty is I call DAP to confirm your purchase & I will send a new unit. No cards, no hassle. I want everyone to be satisfied with this product.

Also, I would love to see some testimonials & pictures of your installs & how you like it.

THank you all for your patience,

Ed

Edited by Yankneck696

Sorry it took so long for me to reply Yankneck696.  I am having problems with notifications being emailed to me.  I am very happy with the unit.  The tubing you supplied was more than enough once I found out what its intended purpose was.  I cut them at 1/2" and left a small gap between the unit and the bezel.  I did not want one pressing on the other and making noise or any unforeseen side effect.  If I want to close the gap later it will not be hard to do.  Again very happy with the unit and congratulations on getting it to market.  :thumbup2: :thanks:

• Like 1

That won't be necessary, but I definitely appreciate the offer.  I have a box full of remnant's that I can look through if I need to.  Anyways it would cost more for the stamp than the tubing.  I hear they are raising the cost of stamps again.  Happy Holidays.

• Owner

I am thinking about doing the smarty rental from DAP. So I just load a tune, return it to stock and disconnect? Then the fast idle software will be there but everything else will go back to stock? I just want to make sure I understand what is going to happen before I get into it.

Rent the Smarty.

Plug in set a tune of any level. Take a ride out and play a bit. Maybe even try another level.

Then return to stock settings.

Then verify the high idle is actually enabled.

http://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd-generation-24v-dodge-cummins/64-mopar1973man-com-high-idle-kit/438-high-idle-detecting-if-the-ecm-has-been-enabled-for-high-idle-2

Then you should be done...

• Like 1

You don't even need to drive around with it if you don't want... I had a performance product place here locally do it for me and he loaded it and then took it off. It enabled it. Although, ever since then, my lift pump will no longer prime like it used to. It only primes for just maybe a quarter of a second? It still helps me audibly verify that the LP works, but bugs me it does not prime longer...

You don't even need to drive around with it if you don't want... I had a performance product place here locally do it for me and he loaded it and then took it off. It enabled it. Although, ever since then, my lift pump will no longer prime like it used to. It only primes for just maybe a quarter of a second? It still helps me audibly verify that the LP works, but bugs me it does not prime longer...

That is how my OEM lift pump on both my former 00 and my 98 were, all you could hear is just a short blip of the motor.

Edited by diesel4life