• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

High Idle Kit Is Here

Please start a thread about it AH, as some others may find they want to do the same thing. $25.00 shipped will be the final price in the USA.

Peeps respect your ideas & I think it's a worthwhile idea. If it takes off, you will get some kinda special consideration in the future.... I have an old Summit sticker I can send ya... LOL

Ed

• Like 1

Abenin, when you look at thr Cubby unit, the circle on it is the same as the cutline for the gaugepod unit. It just has a 1" piece of 2" OD Lexan tubing plastic welded to the back for a friction fit to a gauge pod & uses a few drops of superglue (Supplied with alcohol wipe for prep. I made it the same 2.125" as anu other gauge.

Ed

• Owner

I think the overhead will be the better seller than the gauge pos when all sorted out...

Ed

May... Or May not. I think all of them have there place and particular desires by others. Remember the flat plate is universal and just needs a 3/8" so overhead, knee bolster, etc. Drill your hole and route the cables. 

If you want to do your own custom shaped plate, I suggest the cubby, as it is shaped like my avatar. It is larger. If doing a custom lower center console, you cut it as desired. To give you an idea, the black center part is 2.125" round.

Ed

Edited by Yankneck696
  • Like 1

So for those of you who use an exhaust brake with the 3 cylinder fast idle, what EGT do you usually run? I just used my 3cyl and exhaust brake and my egts got up to about 1100* and may have kept climbing if I left it on. I shut the exhaust brake off and it came back down to about 800-900*. I know my EGT's have been a little higher than normal running the #1 fuel. What do you guys think?

• Owner

Ok. I think I need to build a boost leak tester because I have never checked for leaks on this truck since I have owned it (2 years). As far as I know it has all the stock boots and clamps. Going on 215,000 miles, I could have a leak contributing to the EGT's too.

With the high idle no. There is no boost at idle or fast idle (correct term).

• Like 1

It will be "Hip to be Square"

Nick, could you take some pics of your cable routing under dash & under hood for Michael to put into a folder?

Also, anyone who has installed the unit, we would like pics of your finished install & how you routed your wires, so that we can compile it all for a "Real instruction" file.

Thank you all for your continued support.

Ed