• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New 2014 Megacab Diesel

joecool911

My hunting buddy just bought a 2014 diesel megacab. He's trading in a 1996 ford 7.3 diesel. Still costing about $50,000. Too rich for my blood. I like tinkering with my 2nd gen truck. Besides, hard to imagine a $50,000 work truck. Hope he's not disappointed. Any issues with these trucks?

Did he buy a Ram? They have made some drastic improvements starting with the 13 models. Probably the most capable truck built to date. I saw an article where the 14s will have an option for factory airbagged suspension. I know if I hit the lottery, I would be all over one.

Of course, I would still keep the 98 for whenever I felt like tinkering!

Edited by diesel4life

The latest technology equipped to the truck that makes it better in terms of working it, is appealing. But the rest of it, ha! Yea, I'm right there with you about it. Thats waaaay to much for a truck. I could darn near pay my trailer off for that much!

My recent employer bought 2 brand new dodge cummins trucks. Nice to add some trucks like that to his fleet, but c'mon! Be realistic here, do you really think all of your employs that drive it will take care of it? ...did not think so.

You can get into a lower end Tradesman or ST equipped Ram with just the basics and stay in the mid 40s with all the rebates they have right now. Regardless of what I can afford I still have to be able to justify the cost, and no matter how stripped down of a model I get I can't do that. If I used it for a living it would be different.

As far as all the bells and whistles they offer, they really have no choice. If you look around at all the new vehicles they are doing the same thing. On board computers, TVs/DVDs, back up cameras, heated/vented premium leather seats, navigation, the list is endless and mind boggling. We bought a Mountaineer with the premier package last spring. It is synced with a microsoft program and you can control all vehicle functions through the in dash monitor. I am rarely in any new vehicles so it was a bit of a culture shock figuring out all the new options. My 10 year old who is very computer savvy got in the day we brought it home and set it up for us.

• Staff

If I were to buy a 13+ truck I would not be deleting it. There have been multiple improvements to the emissions system and it's just not an issue, folks are reporting a legitimate 20+ mpg on the highway. They also have 385/850 as an option, not worth losing a factory warranty over.

• 2 weeks later...

After 500, hook it up heavy and tow the crap out of it! Diesels need a load to break in right. All the old timers with them 50K+ rigs have suggested this.

I thought that Dodge switched to the exhaust fluid for 2014??? I test drove one and it had an exhaust fluid gauge. They said the DPF was junk and caused to many issues to compete with Ferd and GM. "It will improve on fuel mileage and overall longevity of the engine" was the words I got from the dealer.

Edited by CumminStrong