• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Glowshift Guages

I bought a cheapo gauge from Glow Shift on ebay for less than $50.  Looks good, seems accurate (it corresponded to the mechanical gauge I was checking with, fwiw), and the instructions were good.

Downside is that the sending unit crapped out after about a year (and yes, it is remote-mounted off the engine).  Upside is that you can get on their website and buy a replacement sender for $12.

So I give them an A+ for service.  I'll probably go ahead and buy a trans temp gauge from them.  My experience with gauges in general is that most brands of pressure sending units tend to break occasionally, so I can't say that GlowShift is worse than other brands. 

And my experience with mechanical gauges is soured by my experience with cleaning the interior up from broken copper oil pressure line once. 

I do wish that I hadn't gone with the "tinted" gauge.  It's a little hard to read in the daytime.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...