• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2014 Deep Freeze

dorkweed

• Owner

Thankfully it only +21*F this morning here.

Still no snow on the ground. This has me worried about water for this coming summer. I'm used to seeing at least 2-3 feet of snow by November typically we seen 1 storm that drop a total of 6 inches and then it stopped and that was it. I keep seeing forecast for snow or rain but it never shows up.

That's easy... Use a weed torch it'll get that stack to draw.

Wax and/or paraffin fire starters work great also.  You can make your own out of chainsaw spoils, dryer lint, a cupcake tin and some paraffin.

3 hours later, and the temp is a balmy -15*F.  My stove room is 82*F warmer than it is outside now…………..67*F in the stove room……………..this wind is pulling the heat out of my house so fast.

Edited by dorkweed

-30F here this morning. Truck gelled, torpedo heater gelled, son's car won't start (he has my car now), and wife had a medical appt. Oh well, no wind and a rescheduled appt. Guess I will just stay indoors where it is about 101*F above the temperature outside.

Edited by MnTom

It was -10 here this morning with the same 30mph winds.  I couldn't breath facing the wind.  I have to walk down streets all day and it sucked.  My hands and feet go numb easily and I never can figure out the cure for it.  I think I need to revert to heated gloves/socks because I don't produce any heat.  Everyone always tells me to get better gloves but if your hands barely circulate then there is no heat to insulate.  All in all, it wasn't really that bad.  The winds were gusty rather than constant.  The winds died down in the afternoon and it was fine, albeit -1F.  It got me thinking that the wind chill has gotta be wrong.  I mean the chart says at 15F with 50mph winds, it's -10.  Well it was -10 this morning sitting in my jeep (no wind) and I guarantee you it wouldn't be the same with 50mph of 15F air coming at you. 

There is one thing that might be a factor though.  I had to grab some steel stuff today bare handed and it froze my fingers much quicker than if it were 15F.   So I think wind chill relates to that.  How fast the heat transfers from your hand to the object.  So basically 50mph of 15F air would simulate touching something that is -10, like holding your hand to the wind per say, rather than the effects it has on your breathing and whatnot.  It is comparing heat transfer coefficients I guess.  I guess you all probably know this already but I always wondered how it worked when the wind made it feel so much colder than the wind chill temp.  

I am still right in there with Tom. Yesterday really sucked with -32 F and close to 30mph winds. This morning it was still about -25 with about a 10-15 mph wind. Supposed to warm up later this week though... :hyper::pray: :pray: :pray:

Yea the forecast is for +29 on Sunday!! WOO HOO!! Maybe I could even get my truck running again.......

• Like 1

It's going to be a cold night here in Florida, so I had to tuck in the truck... I plugged in it's block heater so it stays nice and toasty tonight... now to go to blanket the Ponies and Puppies

:tongue:  :tongue:  :lmao:  :lmao: :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :tongue:  :tongue:  

1499471_10202406513357675_481015672_n.jp