• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New-To-Me Truck

• Staff

AD hasn't been reliable for several years now, maybe they are on the way up but???

FASS makes a good system, and has optional heaters. If I were to go electrical it would be FASS, my option to go mechanical is gone since I run a Fluidampr.

Mechanical is great, and if you put the proper size filter in the supply line you will not effect the operation of the mechanical pump (i.e. if the pump moves 160 GPH pre regulator you want to run 2 100 GPH filters in parallel).

The nice thing about mechanical is you can pick your own filters based on rating and flow. There aren't any filters with the proper flow rate for the 150 GPH systems, so if your using all that fuel your not filtering very well.

For anyone that was following this, I just got the paperwork from the dealer, PO had the lift pump replaced 4/5/2013 with a pump part # of E7153 that looks up as an Airtex.  It's flowing 15-16 idle, 10 hwy, 5 wot- I put a FP gauge on it a week after purchasing the truck.

++++++Just to reinforce what everyone should have already heeded on these 24V engines- The lift pump was replaced 4/5/13 and the same shop then replaced the VP on 5/2/13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW- I'm looking to replace it with an Airdog 100- if anyone has any experience with that, please let me know

Ya I would look at doing a Fass instead of the airdog. Fass is a very good brand and hasnt had any of the mfg issues like airdog has had the last couple years. If your pockets are deep enough I would also check out some of the mechanical lift pumps that are offered.

Whatever you decide to do make sure you do a full 1/2" big line kit with the pump. That way your entire fuel system will be able to keep up with the increased flow and volume of the new pump.

• Like 1

• Staff

I fully think that 1/2" line is marketing, just like needing 150 GPH. Do you know how much hp 150 GPH can support? Even when you drop the flow for the pressure it's more fuel than needed.

I do believe in a larger suction line than pressure line thou. For 95% of people a 95 GPH pump is plenty, personally I would run 1/2" suction and 3/8" pressure lines.

The DDRP isn't worth it, look at the titanium or platinum.

• Staff

Side note about increasing the fuel lines......

I was still on the stock block pump when I had a gauge put on..... pressures were 12 at idle and down to 7 at WOT.. :thud:

Tossed the stock fuel lines and went to 1/2''..... Pressures were a steady 14  even at WOT. This showed how restrictive banjo bolt lines are.

Next went the factory draw straw which only gained about 1/2 pound pressure. It was better just enough to notice.

After the factory pumps kept going out (always carried an extra) I went to the AD Raptor 100 and pressures are 20 to 15. If I'm hauling a heavy load, uphill at WOT, I can get the pressure down to 14.

JMHO.... the smaller the fuel lines the harder the pump has to work.

Edited by JAG1

• Owner

The Banjo's are a huge restriction. I changed all mine out to JIC or hi-flow and while my idle/cruise pressure didn't change (the in-tank pump has a pressure regulator) my pressure didn't drop nearly as much at WOT.

:iagree:

Banjos just have to much restrictions even measured for ID sizes but just the fact of the huge twist in the flow pattern isn't good either.