• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Haa that's funny. I do some work for advanced drainage systems (ADS), corrugated plastic pipe w/green stripe, and stormtech, owned by ADS, plastic arch chambers. I did some office work for them not too long ago and I certainly saw some Chick-fil-A projects across the country where stormtech was spec'd but I don't know how many went through.

Dealt with an ADS rep on the Stormtech install in Morganton NC. Most likely to see more of it as people get more concerned with storm water run off.

Dealt with an ADS rep on the Stormtech install in Morganton NC. Most likely to see more of it as people get more concerned with storm water run off.

I tried to PM you but it didn't work, so now everyone has to read this. You should start seeing more stormtech chambers. I've done some R and D work for them and I cover job sites from time to time and the chamber market is taking off! I get shipped around the country once and a while, maybe I'll see you out there.

Did you ever get your thermostat under control? If so what did you do, it makes me nervous watching the temperature fluctuate so much.

Yes and no. It holds higher and steadier now that the Banks module is off. I t has slowly climbed over the months to hold around 180 or 181 +or minus a couple degrees. Thats by the dash and the scan gauge. The mechanical under the hood says 190*. Bare in mind I only see that one when I stop and open the hood. Towing I see about 5* higher with the same little swing. I think I might re install the Banks one day just see what happens. I would rather install a Comp instead. 

Here is what part of the last job looked like.

post-338-0-27405500-1392323812_thumb.jpgpost-338-0-38083700-1392323814_thumb.jpgpost-338-0-98120900-1392323835_thumb.jpg

My apologies to the OP for taking this off topic. 

post-338-0-37404900-1392323816_thumb.jpg

Edited by dripley

• 1 month later...

I am planning on changing my thermostat in my 24 valve in the next week or so. I have read that there is a certain way that these have to go in, but I have not been able to fine ANY instructions online to ensure I put a new one in correctly. 

Does anyone have any pictures or can tell me how I need to line this up? 

Also, do I need to purchase RTV to put on the thermostat housing or will the thermostat seal itself?

Thanks for all the help gents!

• Owner

I am planning on changing my thermostat in my 24 valve in the next week or so. I have read that there is a certain way that these have to go in, but I have not been able to fine ANY instructions online to ensure I put a new one in correctly. 

Does anyone have any pictures or can tell me how I need to line this up? 

Also, do I need to purchase RTV to put on the thermostat housing or will the thermostat seal itself?

Thanks for all the help gents!

Thermostat bulb down. Typically mark on which side up or down.

Bolt on the thermostat cover no sealant required. I typically put a dab of anti-seize on the bolt threads.

So if I understand correctly the brass bulb face toward the radiator? 

If you look at the thermostat it will probably have one side stamped "This Side Toward Radiator". The round bulb faces away from the radiator.

It should also come with an O ring type rubber gasket that fits around the rim of it. If not, have the parts guy find it. Most have best luck with Napa for the price. Of course, a Dodge or Cummins performs if you have no kids or want to put them through college.

Ed

Im putting in a 200* thermostat soon. If i can ever get other pickups done. Its really easy to do

If you do any hauling or put your engine under constant load I think the hotter thermostat could very well put your fan in lock up more Often In hotter weather. I say this because I have been running a 200* thermostat and was running a dump trailer with 5 ton of stone the other day and noticed it was running a solid 203-207*. This was on a 60 degree day which is the warmest it's been here all year. I think that is getting close to fan lock up temps. Running empty or even lightly loaded in colder weather I ran a steady 198-202 according to my Scan Gauge. This is a NAPA stat and I have been experiencing typical temp swings that many report.

I plan on swapping back to my 190* Cummins stat this week and may end up springing for a 200* Cummins stat for next winter. They are the only stats I've bought that hold a steady temp.

I believe I still have the box it came in. I just asked for a thermostat from a 2010 Ram Cummins. IIRC that is when they went to the 200* stat.

I will check tonight when I get home.

I agree there is nothing wrong with running a little hotter and should be good for efficiency particularly in the colder months. But if the fan is being locked substantially more and putting more of a load on the engine I think the efficiency thing goes out the window.

I'm going by a shady memory but I think the fan locks somewhere around 205*.