• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

60K And Lots Of Issues All Of A Sudden!

• 4 weeks later...

Back in business again and she runs strong................only needed I quart of ATF to do the job, was able to carefully recover most of the oil and keep it clean since it only had a thousand miles on it, two new OEM filters and a carefully threaded on spin on filter to make sure it wasn't over tightened.  Now to see how it performs over the long haul again.

Damn ...... felt for sure I was feeling a 4BT conversion comming ......... missed that one ....... swing and a miss.

:wow:

Is there a way to measure line pressure simple enough - test port ?

There would have been a new 2014 2500 Ram with the new 6.4 l Hemi in the driveway before any conversion on a half ton. I have been hearing a lot of awesome stuff about the new 6.4 in the 2500 Rams, a coworker test drove one last week and fell in love and now has his 03 cummins for sale.

Dang thing came out of it all except for the noisy cab fan which I have a replacement laying on the bench in the shop for it.

I did have to replace a torn CV axle boot the other day too but that was from having the adjustable height Bilstein struts at full height which I dropped down one setting and realigned it now it handles better too.

• 2 weeks later...

And now I developed an exhaust leak on the passenger side by the engine, need to take time to crawl under and see if it is a cracked manifold or blown gasket, I am leaning towards a manifold issue as it only leaks for a couple of minutes at cold start up until things warm up and expand then it is all quiet again.