• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Turbo And Boost ?

So with no chips or mods installed(edge or smarty) and the waist gate hooked up normal. Boost pressure was at about 17-18 and 1300-1500 EGT's. Then with the waist gate disconnected it ran 25-27psi and 1100 EGT's.

Do you get bad fuel mileage?

Do you get bad fuel mileage?

I wasn't going for mileage it was just a test...

That is with injectors thou.

Sounds like the wastegate is opening prematurely, you should see 23 out of it.

With a few other test done i did find out the at the waist gate internal spring was damaged. I replaced the waist gate and temps came down to 1050-1100 wot and about 20lb of boost.

His signature says he has RV275's.

7x.010's run cooler than that on a stock truck.

I'm about ordering some new tips for these injectors and seeing if i can get some lower EGT's.

Right now I'm running my Smarty on level 4 with the Edge Comp on 3x5 with the boost elbow installed. I'm seeing about 30-33psi on boost and 1350-1400 EGT's at wot. As long as i keep my foot out of it :banghead: It seems to be fine. until I figure out how to get the egt's down. :whistle:

More air or less fuel.... Not many other ways.

Between the Smarty, injectors, and comp that's a lot of fuel for the stock turbo. I would pick what you want to run, smarty or edge.

I have to say there is a huge difference in how the programmers control the out put of the truck.

When I had my programmers stacked I ran the smarty on sw2 and the comp on 5x5. I saw 30-32 pounds of boost and max egt's to 1300. Just my  :2cents:

So your sig says you have both I assume your not running them stacked any more what one are you running now?

So your sig says you have both I assume your not running them stacked any more what one are you running now?

I still have both in my truck, I just don't have the wire tap on the comp hooked up. I called industrial injection and they said if I tapped the wire even with the stealth plate it would void my warranty  :cry: So for now i'm just running the smarty until the warranty is up! (Smarty boost is between 28-30lbs and egs always <1000)

Would they be able to tell that the stealth plate was on there? Isnt that the point of a "stealth" plate? Not to be seen?

That is the point, but if I send it back under a warranty claim and they pull the cover off of the computer they will see where the wire was pierced from the stealth plate. With the way my luck went with the blue chip pumps I need all the warranty time I can get!

Well, I guess if anything its better than tapping into the wire. Less exposed and a cleaner look. DAP just specified that the wire couldnt be tapped. They also sell the stealth plate so I would assume they would have specified against using the plate if that would void the warranty too.

It would be worth asking the question before banking on it 

Well, I guess if anything its better than tapping into the wire. Less exposed and a cleaner look. DAP just specified that the wire couldnt be tapped. They also sell the stealth plate so I would assume they would have specified against using the plate if that would void the warranty too.

It would be worth asking the question before betting the VP on it. DAP probably has to send it back to the rebuilder for any warranty claim. I would think they would look for either place being tapped.

He also sells a pump that has a warranty with the pump being tapped. 

Edited by dripley