• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Turbo And Boost ?

He also sells a pump that has a warranty with the pump being tapped. 

From DAP?? I thought I had read that DAP gets their vp44's from industrial injection, but I could be wrong. The only place I know 100% will warranty a tapped pump is Blue Chip...... But I still have nightmares about my experience with them  :yme:

From DAP?? I thought I had read that DAP gets their vp44's from industrial injection, but I could be wrong. The only place I know 100% will warranty a tapped pump is Blue Chip...... But I still have nightmares about my experience with them  :yme:

I have a blue chip pump. Had it for 75k with no issues like you. He even sells a stealth cover. He also gets enough money for them to cover a tapped wire. At the time I bought mine he was the only one who said that new electronics were installed on them.

When I bought mine I went with the "upgraded" pump. It didn't have new electronics but it had a 2012 or newer computer. The first one ran for 5 miles then fell flat on its face. p0216 code - injection pump timing failure. I called him and got a warranty pump. That one ran for about a week and a half. Then the truck started having trouble starting and would bellow white smoke just idling. He said somehow the timing got messed up. No codes. I tried getting him to upgrade me to new electronics but he refused unless I paid the difference. So I sent him his pump back and bought an industrial injection. 1,500 miles problem free. Even starts easily in -15 degree weather!

That is the point, but if I send it back under a warranty claim and they pull the cover off of the computer they will see where the wire was pierced from the stealth plate. With the way my luck went with the blue chip pumps I need all the warranty time I can get!

I just recently installed my Edge Comp and BD stealth plate the signal wire goes to a large solder joint and leaves an indent as it makes the connection. So I would assume that's how someone would know...