• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Adrenaline Hardware Thread Fixes, Tips, Tricks

Me78569

0 is boost fooling

1 is timing only

2 is timing & CAN fueling (About 65HP)

3 and above add wire tap fueling

I think advertizing on Edge & Quad both have a low setting for MPGs, but many have found that higher levels yield better if the throttle is judiciously used.

Ed

I think advertizing on Edge & Quad both have a low setting for MPGs, but many have found that higher levels yield better if the throttle is judiciously used.

Ed

So I may not need that brick on the floor board :thumbsup:

I noticed a large bump is MPG when I went from dding at lvl 1/2 to lvl 10. 

I averaged 2 mpg better on a long trip on 10 vs 2.  but you have to drive nice otherwise those numbers go out the window. 

• Like 1

Can you do any custom tuning?  or does it revert back to 0 when you try and save?  

I tried doing custom tuning... It let me change the settings but when I hit the "enter" button (bottom button) it went to the prior window and everything was at "0" still.  It wouldnt take any custom settings.

All my "gauges" work though....  Although, the water temp goes to ZERO when it gets above like 202*

I thought I fixed that with the update.... its been so long though, i dont remember.

I bought the parts you linked to and listed. I figured I could just replace them as caution. They don't test out right on a meter. Also don't test out like the new ones. However. The OEM ones and ones you list have a different number on the face of the chip. Are they still the same?

I bought the parts you linked to and listed. I figured I could just replace them as caution. They don't test out right on a meter. Also don't test out like the new ones. However. The OEM ones and ones you list have a different number on the face of the chip. Are they still the same?

Ed,

His PV1 has lost it's mind. 

I tried doing custom tuning... It let me change the settings but when I hit the "enter" button (bottom button) it went to the prior window and everything was at "0" still.  It wouldnt take any custom settings.

All my "gauges" work though....  Although, the water temp goes to ZERO when it gets above like 202*

I thought I fixed that with the update.... its been so long though, i dont remember.

You can try to reload the pv1 update from a windows xp 32 bit machine, that MAY fix the issue.  What you are seeing is a corrupt or damaged firmware on the pv1 itself.  I have fixed 2 pv1s with this issue, 2 tohers I could not bring back.  They work as gauges fine, but they don't send communications back to the adr box itself, only recieve. 

Things like turbo timer won't work either. 

Edited by me78569

Ed,

His PV1 has lost it's mind. 

You can try to reload the pv1 update from a windows xp 32 bit machine, that MAY fix the issue.  What you are seeing is a corrupt or damaged firmware on the pv1 itself.  I have fixed 2 pv1s with this issue, 2 tohers I could not bring back.  They work as gauges fine, but they don't send communications back to the adr box itself, only recieve. 

Things like turbo timer won't work either. 

That is exactly what is happening...  Im going to have to reread the tune load info on this forum.  I do NOT have any XP machines anymore except a desktop.  If i remember correctly, doesn't the PV1 need to be plugged into the truck to update it?  So a desktop does no good.

Not sure if this will work... I uploaded the tunes I have saved.  I was instructed by the Quadzilla support guys to run the COMP tune with my injector upgrades and such.  Some of these tunes fuel hard!  They are all the OEM ones off the old Quad site.  Not sure how available they are but I figured I would share them.

The 3k tunes blew may have lead to my head gasket failure.... However its studded and rung now so...

DYNO = https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B53Y33OJ0476RlZXVDlFOWZ4MDQ/edit?usp=sharing
2000 Series = https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B53Y33OJ0476WXc2aUJyUlJMVGM/edit?usp=sharing
3000 Series = https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B53Y33OJ0476aG5LTHhPbkxWQzQ/edit?usp=sharing
COMP Series = https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B53Y33OJ0476aS1ScVNncDhmME0/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by LSxPoweredSorento

Oh. Damn. I wish I knew that lol. I saw the link on this post then a few other forums. Although they had your old link address.

I scoured the download site but those wweren't on there. No idea they would be under full download ink.

Thanks!

As for loading... I followed the instructions to a T. Per the instructions it seems like you aare supposed to get the driver install request before plugging the commander in. I don't get that until I plug it in. When I do I recognises a "Van Akken Commander" and I follow driver install. The loading status bar completes but it sits with the bar 100% filled and hangs. Then I can't do ANYTHING on the computer. It may just be the old crap computer too. Not sure. I can successfully upload different tunes to te ADR module with my 8 core windows 7 laptop. However I can't even get a driver request from the Commander like I do on the xp machine.