• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Adrenaline Hardware Thread Fixes, Tips, Tricks

Me78569

Where did you get this pv1 from?  Did you buy it recently? 

A guy sent me a pv1 with this exact issue to fix.  It came up with van whatever when you plugged it in.  I couldn't get it to communicate back to the adr box.  I sent it back to him and explained the issue.  I would hate to think he sold it to you as working. 

I "THINK" that this box wasn't a pv1 to start with but sold to van aank to use with their box.  this was a very long time ago.  In theory it should work if you get the firmware loaded on it right, but I couldn't get it to. 

Edited by me78569

I bought this forever ago from Extreme Diesel. Totally legit. It was probably 4 years ago. It worked until recently. After my truck was having huge battery issues. That's why I had thought a jumpstart killed it. The Van Akken thing has always shown up for me as the driver details when you plug in the Commander or the ADR. However. Once their software loads up the driver it changes the name of the driver. I am wondering if Van Akken wrote their software or maybe the drivers? Maybe that has something to do with their disappearance? At any rate, I did find the update that I downloaded from quadzilla forever ago. The one that fixes the temp reporting issues. That's the one I can't load. Is the one from the download site the same as the one I have from Quadzilla?

Ok... I powered up my other other computer... I thought it had 7 on it but it had windows xp pro.  I DID get it to upload the update to the P1.  everything went smoothly.  No issues or hiccups.  I also got the ADR to update too.

However... Im on my third attempt at uploading to both and the damn thing still doesnt work.  Either no ability to edit (all ZEROS again) last time the thing wouldnt even power up. Trying again......   I was thinking about buying the parts for the ADR and replacing them just for grins and giggles.

Edited by MnTom
language

• 1 month later...

So I am having a problem with my loved pv1:(

you had mentioned that if the boost values were off there was a fix. Well what about fuel pressure? I recently jumped in the truck and the fuel pressure was 24 to 27 psi which is not right, the day before this it was reading right @ 17psi (like it always did). so I unplugged the sensor and the quad is holding 13 psi with the sensor unplugged check the harness to the sensor and the airdog, the only thing I can think of now is the quad is not reading right? help please!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

So I am having a problem with my loved pv1:(

you had mentioned that if the boost values were off there was a fix. Well what about fuel pressure? I recently jumped in the truck and the fuel pressure was 24 to 27 psi which is not right, the day before this it was reading right @ 17psi (like it always did). so I unplugged the sensor and the quad is holding 13 psi with the sensor unplugged check the harness to the sensor and the airdog, the only thing I can think of now is the quad is not reading right? help please!!!!!!!!!

I think there is a FP adjust in the pv1's.... but without a reading it shoudl read 0 psi regardless as it looks for a voltage, I think.

• 3 months later...

nick-

question? i have another quadzilla that doesnt change power levels. do you know if this means its dead? i seemed to recall a thread about this somewhere, but cannot find it..... i'm not looking for direct fix it help, but i would like to read about how to fix it if this thread does exist.

• 1 month later...