• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Problem with new hard drive in Acer computer

davbell22602

I have acer computer and I replaced the harddrive cause the harddrive crashed. Well when I replaced it and hooking it back up. When booting the computer to install the windows xp it stops at verifying pool date...... What does that mean? I couldn't find another 160gb harddrive so i had to get a 300+ gb hardrive.

3200+ amd sempron,512mb,160gb,combo drive.ast160-us321h

here what somebody already suggested.

Turn off PC, unplug the power cord and open the case. Remove the shiny watch type battery in there for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes insert the battery back in on the motherboard. Plug-in the power cord. When you turn on the PC go into the BIOS and change the Clock settings. Make sure the DMI (desktop management interface or system managementPosted Image

SMBIOS can see the HDD.

The issues you were having is that the system needed to have it's CMOS (memory to hold the date, time, and system setup parameters) reset or flush out the old data.

Is the new hard drive detected in bios? When do you get the pool data error, as soon as you turn it on, or does windows load some files first? You should check the bios and be sure the drive shows up? I am not sure of where you are in the install when this all happens?

Sounds like a problem in the bios, or hardware is halting the bios? Did it do this with the old hard drive? Do you have a SATA or IDE hard drive? Maybe you should plug the old HD back in, just to see if that stops the pool problem? What kind of bios do you have, Award or Phoenix? Maybe you need to enter the bios and manually set the date?

• Owner

Well partitioning the drive will not change the fact that when BIOS ask the hard drive how big the drive is it will report the full size of the drive regardless of the partitions on the drive. So that what the tool does is force the drive to report a smaller number to the BIOS at boot time so the drive is accepted by the motherboard. Now the only thing that missing in that information is who makes the motherboard? I know its a 939 socket motherboard which I know is out of date... I can't even buy 939 processor from my dealer... Another idea is if you can find the anufacture of the motherboard you could go check there web site and Acer web site for a BIOS flash hoping maybe to extend the motherboard ability for larger drives.

• Owner

You should look up the model of the motherboard through the manufacture... Like mine is a Asus M3A motherboard. So here is the page for my updates for BIOS.

[ATTACH]464[/ATTACH]

Now look through the BIOS updates on the page which there show be several (maybe). Like myself I'm made a few updates to my board to deal with a few issues. There is 11 updates since the time my board was produced.

NOTICE & WARNING!

But read up all the information pretaining to BIOS updates. When flashing a BIOS chip you don't want to have any interruptions in power or shut the computer off because it will kill the chip and make the computer unuseable.

post-2-138698163169_thumb.jpg

• Owner

I would consider both options carefully... Looking at changing the hard drive settings (common) or flashing the BIOS (uncommon). I would check the BIOS updates to see if there was a update for hard drive limityation problems. If there isn't a update I would consider looking at modifing the hard drive settings...Either way it can be done without winodws present and typically is done from a floppy disc or a bootable CD ROM...