• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Passenger Side Headlight Dim

Second gen.

You should start a  new thread.  You don't say if you have the quad headlights or the standard dual.  (I am going off of you have the dual.) 

It sounds like someone put the incorrect bulb in the drivers side.    Standard single bulb per side is the 9004.   Quads have 9004 for low beam and 9007 for high beam.   The base of the 9004 and 9007 use the same socket BUT the location of the ground is different!  So I am betting someone saw the better numbers of the 9007 and tried it without changing the pins in the connector or they had no clue and stuck something in that looked like it would work.

There could still be some really fishy stuff in there....  you may want to double check the wiring.

From the 2001 FSM:

image.png.85077774b1d2a67bc1b076a661979f2a.png

GL  HTH

Hag

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 5:05 AM, Haggar said:

Quads have 9004 for low beam and 9007 for high beam. 

I believe the OEM setup for Quads (Sport Headlights) is as follows:

Outer lamps - 9007 low beam and high beam

Inner lamps  - 9004 high beam only

Please correct me if I am wrong.

- John

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Hi there, new to the site.  Name is Mark Loken,  and I've got a 98 ram 1500.  I reference these owners forums far more than the brands sites or the dealer or supplier sites because my experience has been that there are more owners dealing with real world issues on vehicles hands on than there are shops that can possibly know this much firsthand.

Anyway, my problem is a very dim, nearly nothing there drivers side headlight, and a "not very bright" passenger headlight.  I read the posts here and see a few key issues, but haven't the experience to know my truck, or electronics beyond the very basics.

So, I find only ONE fuse in the pdc for headlights, obviously it works, as it is the only fuse and the lights are both lit...if very poorly.  So, can anyone tell me if my system shares features with the ones discussed above, or do I need to look elsewhere on the 98 vs your 2000 and newerm