• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

If I was near my storage unit, I would takes pics for you to show you how I do seals. Its easy to knock the seals out and replace the driver side seal. Getting the passenger side one on is trickier.

You need a 4' long piece of 3/8" all-thread. Some fender weashers, piece of PVC and some nuts for the all-thread. The PVC needs to match the inside diameter of the seal. You will have to grind the edges down to fit inside the seal area. Use the nuts and washers to hold it in place. Clean the contacting surfaces where the seal is seated. Pre-lube the seal and contact area with gear lube.

Drive the seal into place going from the drivers side towards the passenger side. You will need a buddy to either hold the seal, PVC in place or using a sledge hammering on the end of the all-thread. You will have to go through the CAD to access the passenger side seal.

You will have to remove the gear unit to do all this, BTW.

Yeah, Ive been watching YouTube videos hardcore the last few days. Seems tricky but nothing I can't handle hopefully, with a buddy at least lol.

Seal and bearing kit, gonna do both u-joints, both wheel bearings, and the ball joints cause I'll already have it basically torn apart.

My ring, pinion and spider gears all look good as does the carrier so I'm just gonna clean em up and keep em. Should be a good day of fun! lol. :thumb1:

• Like 1