• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Weekend Ordeal……………….long………….

dorkweed

I hope the Smarty guys will get their updates available for Mac computers soon.  One thing about the stock tune is that it's very, very smooth.  Even with me used to the SW5 tune, it's still not as smooth as the stock tune…………………it's not all the torque management either…………..it's hard to describe.

IIRC, you said the latest software is much smoother than prior versions.

Edited by dorkweed

Couldn't take it any longer………………..I just had to re-install SW5!!!! :duh:  :thumb1:

After just 4 days of towing my work trailer this week on the stock tune, and watching my fuel gauge move faster than my speedometer…………………I had to do it!!!  Truly amazing!!!

Edited by dorkweed

Normally it would not, but since you don't have PoD I would recommend it. It's a much bigger upgrade.

I'm heading back to Missouri tomorrow AM.  I'll let you know when I get back.  Driving on SW5 was not hard to go back to.  In fact;  the reason why it was so hard to go back, was because it was so easy to go back to.  That "soft" pedal with OOMFFFFF is really easy to get used to…………………………and I have it dialed in for best mileage on my truck.

I can't help but wondering once I update the Smarty……………if'n I'll need new injectors!!!!!

203,000+ as of today on the OEM's!!

I would be more worried about the possible effect of 26K psi on your injectors over the smarty.

In all honesty, according to my Quad RP gauge, I almost never see 21,000psi.  I don't hammer on the throttle often either.  That's been since the RP gauge…………6 years or so.  

• Staff

In all honesty, according to my Quad RP gauge, I almost never see 21,000psi.  I don't hammer on the throttle often either.  That's been since the RP gauge…………6 years or so.  

I was referring to the road trip where your rail pressure sensor failed, you were probably holding 26K psi against the HPRV at times.

If you run RP1 then the most your should see is 23,206 give or take a little. On the stock, RP1, table you won't get above 21K until your above 2200 rpms.